“Highly recommended!!!”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 February 2016

Excelent greek tavern with traditional retsina (type of white wine with resin). At nights they have really good live traditional greek music (except on Wednesdays). Best of the soutzoukakia (cylindrical meat balls) and the fried potatoes!!
The service is nice and friendly!
Very good prices!!
Do not miss it!

1  Thank LoukCH C

Reviewed 6 November 2015

I had the pleasure of eating at Pire ke Vradiazi for the first time with a large group of co-workers and friends, and I could not have asked for a better experience. The atmosphere is great- everyone is friendly and the taverna is beautiful, but also very cozy and warm with soft lighting and traditional decor. You immediately feel welcomed when you enter. The food, however, was even better! We ordered plates to share, which included fresh salads and cheeses, amazing meatballs, savory pork ribs, and an incredible retsina that was brewed in-house. Delicious, traditional Greek food with big portions at a very good price! So excited to return!

2  Thank Kelley C
Reviewed 29 October 2015

I'm from America and working in Thessaloniki. I went to Pire ke Vradiazi for the first time yesterday with a few local friends, and it was the true Greek experience. When I walked in, I immediately loved the atmosphere--folk art, soft lights, enticing smells. We sat down at our table and my friend got us a round of retzina wine that the manager/owner apparently brews himself. The retzina was the best I've had, presented in traditional metal work mugs. We were a big group (about 12 of us), so we ordered plates to share. The Greek salad was fresh, the meatballs (their specialty) are a must, and then we polished it off with a delicious dessert (the name of which I can't remember, but it was cooked apple discs covered in something that tasted similar to peanut butter--very hot). The total of all drinks and food we shared came out to just short of 15 euro per person, which was very reasonable. By the end of our lunch, full of retzina and Greek food, I felt like I finally had a real Greek taverna experience. Can't wait to go again!

1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 28 October 2015

i knew about it for years and never visited...so it happened to be there just yesterday and now i am happy about discovering a new,warm,friendly spot,accompanied by some great music and smiles by the owners!!!

1  Thank reginamaria633
Reviewed 13 May 2015

whoever comes inside this small tavern would be surprised from atmosphere
its so beautiful, with nice paintings, nice decor in all tavern
they have beautiful place
for someone that wants to eat good food, this is ideal place
not gourmet, but real greek kitchen
big portions in very good prices, service is good and everything is tasty
i was some years ago like student there and it was just a small tavern in neighborhood
now i see even more and more people coming, and they enjoy that small koutouki

1  Thank Thanasis B