“While this is not a five star hotel, it certainly merits a visit!”
Review of Romeos Hotel

Romeos Hotel
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Patmos
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I stayed at this wonderful hotel with a group staying on Patmos as part of a travel study program. there was 21 or 22 of us, and we were treated with graciousness and respect by the owner and her family. The hotel is on the outskirts of the little village, but if you enjoy strolling (as I do) it is not far to walk to the shore level stores, restaurants, ice cream and clothing shops. It is a slow island (except for the moped and quad renters who travel at top speed) and a wonderful atmosphere to stroll, day-dream, drink coffee, stroll again, and rest on the shore of the bay. Small fishing boats are tied up at your feet; the beach is rough pebbles, but really, who cares? In a short walk you are back at the Hotel again. The pool was not open when we were there (late may) but was being filled as we left. Oh well. I'll just make it a "must" to return. Thanks to the Romeos family for the wonderful too short visit.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view. There is help available for large suitcases! Truly a Greek place t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Style: A unique separate room style which enables you to see the whole place from any room and privacy is maintained in the balcony and entrance of the room.

Staff:Very friendly as it is a family owned business they take the utmost care. The will give you advise on how to reach the places. The St. Johns cave and monastery by taxi to and fro will cost about Eur 15.

Food: You can take a 3 min walk and get food from many restaurants (Lukhas and others) to suit your style. For Asians you need to walk to the port and a restaurant Pantel (Hope am right is available).

We had our daughter's 4th birthday celebrated at Romeos with in an excellent way and the Romeos family grand children took part to make it a real joy. I would strongly recommend Romeos for families.

Room Tip: All rooms have a nice view and can see the whole Patmos landscape.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ShanthanS
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We are three adults who visited Patmos last July. We spent 3 days in hotel Romeos and had a very good time. The room was adequate for three people. Bathroom was rather small but we could manage without any problems. As said by other travellers, this hotel has a wonderful pool, surrounded by palm trees: A special fact is that rooms are independent, and you can reach every room directly from the garden/pool. Breakfast is very good, with local marmelade and home made cakes. The personalized treatment we received from Maria and her Mother was outstanding. We needed to contact a travel agency in Samos, and, having some difficulties, this lady took the phone and after a while, could solve our problems in a very professional way. We do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank marielenita
Reviewed 24 September 2012

a great familly hotel! big swimming pool-salty water!(we may use it till late afternoon very clean) very good beds,a/ced with mini-frige! clean room, homemade breakfast, especially the yammy jams! enjoy the greek hospitality!i was really afraid at first because of some comments but the sunset from my balcony was perfect we had also a treasury inside our room, it's almost 3-4 minutes from the shops we adore that! during our first night we enjoyed the visit of some fireflies!
i put some photos also!don't hesitate to ask me for details!try the boat tour to the nearby islands like tiganakia and white beach!! All Romaiou familly will help you!!i would like to be there again one day!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank iro_gatelouza
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I felt I had to contribute to these reviews as when I was looking for accommodation before our holiday, a few of them almost put me off booking at Hotel Romeos.
Now, I have been to Patmos many times before and know the island well so maybe my expectations were different. I usually stayed in self catered rooms but as my new husband was joining me this time we thought we would book a hotel.
I went ahead and booked at Romeos (July – Aug 2012) and we were not disappointed. The hotel was lovely, the grounds were well cared for, rooms were clean and towels and linen were changed every other day. Breakfast was simple but sufficient; fresh bread, cake, biscuits, eggs, fruit, cereal, yoghurt, variety of cold cuts and cheese. Nothing less than I would expect else where. The family who run the hotel were lovely and polite and most obliging in every way. The pool was brilliant and very clean. Wi-Fi is free and available throughout the hotel.
Now in answer to a few of the comments on here: yes there are cats around the surrounding area….it is an island and in Greece, if you have issues with stray animals Greece might not be the place for you. As for bugs in the room, one has to keep in mind that Patmos is a dry and mountainous island and pretty much most buildings are built into the mountains and are surrounded by rock. You will find all sorts of bugs around but I can assure you none are poisonous!
If one wanted to nit pick there are things you could find to criticise like mentioned in another review, the shower curtain being too short, but seriously you are there to enjoy the sea and sun and pretty much only need the room for a sleep, does the length of a shower curtain or a bug in the room really ruin ones holiday and justify a bad review? People need to seriously consider what their expectations of a place are before booking. If shower curtains,a few stray cats or bugs bother you I hear Iceland is nice this time of year.
We would definitely return in the future and have no problem in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple