All reviews agali bay yogurt beach chairs turquoise sea towels provided boats leave comfortable room korres toiletries private deck natural beauty local greek highlight of our trip main village lovely beach flat screen tv location is amazing your doorstep
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent hotel, best view ever! Friendly staff, very cosy rooms. One of the best hotel in the most beautiful Greek island. Strongly suggested for anyone who like to rest and enjoy the infinity blue of Aegean Sea!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Blue Sands in Folegandros for 4 nights. The location of the hotel on the cliff is great as it provides a more elevated view. Angali beach is a wonderful easy beach at your doorstep. There are enough local restaurants and cafes to maintain variety. The building and decorations are modern and yet very Greek and it fits within its environment. The rooms are clean and well decorated. The brothers that own the business are fabulous - they work tirelessly to tend to your every wish. We had a fabulous stay. Many thanks. We loved Folegandros and will be back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Poly217
Reviewed 12 September 2017

This hotel was a delightful find. Although i had seen some bad and many good reviews, the good reviews did not do justice to this wonderful property. Management and staff are unusually attentive and cheerful and accommodating. Breakfast food is plentiful and of very high quality. AC strong, beds good. VIEWS from rooms are like postcards from the best of the Cyclades. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank John Mark B
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

It's my second summer in a row at Blue Sand (and my friend's 7th time).This hotel is everything you need for a perfect summer vacation. Amazing views, super comfortable room, delicious breakfast and ultra friendly staff.

We stayed at the rooms on the second floor and unless you're staying on the suite on the corner (facing the ocean) I would suggest to stay up there too.

The hotel is located about 5 minutes drive from the village (chora) and is right where the boats leave to visit other beaches - St Nikolas, Livadak. There's a nice small beach basically at the hotel foot steps.

I don't see my self staying anywhere else in Fole. :)

Thank you to everyone who made this week unforgettable.

Rafael

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank rafael_azzi
Reviewed 3 August 2017

The "perception" that you may get from the pictures are far from the "reality".

PRO:

- The staff is polite and try to help you when needed
- The rooms in the main building, upper floor, are spacious and with a nice view. The rooms located outside the main building are older (especially the shower was full of molds) and not particularly clean.
- The sea-view from the hotel is nice, especially considering where you are = an "overestimated" island (BTW do not go to Folegandros !!!!!!)

CONTRA:

- the quality of breakfast is ok, but the time lag between the orders and the actual delivery of food is totally unacceptable. One morning it took 55 minutes to start eating !

- as I said the sea-view is nice, but the location (I mean the buildings surrounding the hotel) is terrible. To get to the hotel (supposed to be a boutique hotel....) from the parking lot (250 m. far), you need to walk through: 1. public restroom 2. bus stop 3. barracks 4. noisy bars and restaurant

- the beach under knee is way overcrowded, noisy, relatively small. The hotel provides to you umbrellas and chairs, these latter not really comfortable, but after 11 am you will be surrounded by dozen of other persons shouting and placed few cm far from you
- Wifi is extremely slow. So if you need to work, forget about it

To made a long story short. For the same price you may get much, much better accommodations in other Greek islands. As I said this hotel does not accomplish what you expect. To be honest, I may have been influenced by the big disappointment about the island. It will interesting to know and understand why so many people like Folegandros. I personally did not find any positive aspects. I hate to say, what I am going to say, since on TripAdvisor most of the people claim that they are real experts, but loving so much the Greek islands since 1973, I can say that I know them very well, and therefore I can conclude that I will never go back to Folegandros and Blue Sand hotel again

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple