“Wonderful time!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rethymnon
Marva Apartments-Studios
Ranked #101 of 164 Hotels in Rethymnon
Wales
“Wonderful time!”
Reviewed 28 September 2011

My husband and I have just returned from a week at the Marva in Rethymnon thoroughly chilled out. The views are great, the pool area is very clean and there is loads of room to relax the gardens are lovely. Vasillis gave us a warm welcome even though it was pretty late and although we didn't need any help we knew it was there. These apartments are in a lovely quiet area but only 5 mins walk from the tavernas and shops.

The drop off point does not inspire confidence but once you get round the corner and see the apartments you can breathe a sigh of relief. It is important to remember that this is a budget priced accommodation so the cooking equipment is basic, but the apartment is clean and spacious, only criticism is that they don't provide hand towels and the towels are not changed all week.

Regardless of this the Marva is fantastic and if we return to this part of Crete we would happily go back. Don't be put off by negative reviews give this lovely little place a go!

Room Tip: Balcony pool views are best
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sgwidget
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We have just returned from a week a the Marva Apartments. We were a bit unsure about what to expect as it was a last minute booking and the reviews on here were mixed. We needn't have worried though. We arrived late at night and so there was no-one there to meet us, but there was a personalised message set out on a sandwich board by the front steps telling us how to find our apartment, which we thought was a nice touch. The keys were left in the door for us and a couple of bottles of water were left chilling in the fridge. The apartment itself was basic but very clean and tidy with a comfy bedroom looking out over the pool. The kitchen was perfectly well equipped for our holiday needs, with a kettle, two hobs and various utensils. The apartment was cleaned twice in the seven days we were there (more often than I clean at home!) and the bedding was changed once. Fans can be rented for 10 Euro a week and keys for the safe for an additional 10 Euro. The owner was on had all day, every day, so had we had any problems there was always someone around - not that we did. The apartments are a two minute walk from Lidl and about five minutes from the main strip with all the bars and tavernas. The resort was busy without being overwhelming but we were there towards the end of the summer season so I don't know what it would be like earlier in the year. There is one comment on here about noise from neighbouring animals and the road, but I can't honestly say it was a problem. My partner and I both sleep with ear plugs anyway and we slept perfectly well while we were there. Yes, there was the occasional bark from a dog, neigh from the horse and screech from the cats (not to mention the crickets!) but it is Crete, not the UK, and so there are sights and sounds that you wouldn't come across in your average suburban street. On the day of departure we had to vacate our apartment at noon and pick-up for our airport transfer was at 20.45 but this was no problem as luggage can be left at reception and there is a shower room available to use for freshening up and also a table and chairs on a terrace where you can sit and enjoy one last beer and a look at the hills at sunset. All in all it was a wonderful holiday and the Marva was perfect. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to anyone and I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DuncanGold
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Just returned from Marva Apartments with my children aged 16 & 14 and had a very relaxing & enjoyable holiday. The Apartments are run by a family that are always on hand should you need anything and are great. We had a room overlooking the pool which I found to be basic but adaquate. The only downside with the room is that there is no air conditioning available, and if you want a fan, you will be charged 10 euros, can get a bit warm at night. The pool area was always spotless and well maintained, and because there are only a few apartments, you can take your pick as to where to sit. Again, being such a small block, it was always quiet and relaxed at night with a good atmosphre. I felt it was a good clean, safe environment to stay with my children. The shops, restaurants and beach are all within an easy walk, there is a bus stop and a taxi rank nearby too should you wish to branch out a bit further. All in all, we found the Marva a great place to stay and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

1 Thank 25Miked09
Dollar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2011

My father and I have just returned from a fantastic week. I have not had such a lovely and relaxing holiday for many years. The property is beautifully kept with lovely gardens and a fantastic pool. The family who run it are amazing they do not stop in maintaining and ensuring that you are having a good hoilday. We stayed in one bedroom appartment that had everthing that you needed and very clean. They clean 3 times a week which is enough, even though you have to put your toilet paper in the bin it does not smell. The shower is a typical greek shower that you hold,you get use to it. It is lovely sat on the balcony over looking the pool and having the mountains in the distant.
There is a fantastic pool area and no need to get up early to reserve sunbeds as there are plenty.What I really enjoyed about the pool as there are only 16 rooms in total so you soon start to get to know each other and can share on good places to visit and eat. There is a small bar and it is the cheapest place to drink on the island serving soft drinks and beer. The bar area is also where you will find Maria the daughter who has a wealth of information about the local area and speaks excellent english. The location is ideal as you only have a short walk and you have lovely resturants on your door step. I noticed that lots of people on here talked about Lidl on your doorstep but the local supermarkets are just as cheap and I found that the selection of bread was alot better. There is also a wonderful bakery that is open from 6am-11pm and serves some lovely cakes, the chocolate cake was beauiful.
The location is great for exploring as the bus stop is just by the BP garage you need to go and get your tickets from the local supermarket I would recommend that you buy return tickets and catch the bus from outside the supermarket as some days the bus can get busy and sometimes they go pass the BP stop due to it being full, but there is soon another bus behind it. You can get a bus into the local town which is lovely with lots to see. From Rethymnon you can get a bus to all places over the island we went to Chania which was really good. The buses on this route are very nice coaches and you get to see the coast line, you do need to arrive a little early for the bus as they leave on time or sometimes a little early.
If you want stay somewhere where you feel safe and relaxed with a personal service then I can highly recommed the Marva. Thank you to Maria and all her family( not forgetting Dex) for such an enjoyable and relaxing holiday. My father and I hope to be back soon

Room Tip: I would book a one bedroom as you get some lovely veiws of the mountains and a lovely balcony over l...
1 Thank welshgirl76Wales
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2011

My daughters and I have just got back from the Marva and it was the best holiday we have had. The family who run the appartments can not do enough for you, they are all fantastic. The rooms are lovely and you have everything that you need in them. It is only a 5 min walk from the shops and tavernas and a 2 min walk from Lidl. It is a perfect location and everyone else who was there will agree. Thankyou for making our holiday so special :-)

4 Thank rachiep70
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rethymnon
0.6 km away
0.4 km away
Julia Apartments
Julia Apartments
#36 of 56 in Platanias

Been to Marva Apartments-Studios? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK