All reviews restaurants and shops indoor pool half board other hotels the hotel staff sauna toiletries eur sheets crete sunbeds
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

We did not enjoy our stay at this hotel as much as we would have wished. The hotel was probably a nice place years ago and it looks like it has all the modern equipment you would expect, but for us it was a trip back in time. Other hotels offer more luxurious rooms, less noise at night, a bathroom with more space and more comfort in general for the same price. Basically this hotels offers too little value for our money.

Pros:
Nice pool with enough shade and sunbeds
Good place for kids
Out of town so not as busy as "the big city", but this is also a con.

Cons:
Old fashioned interior (despite the modern TV and AC working properly). We had old blankets in the beds and the sheets didn't look very fresh and had holes in them.
Very noisy, because the thin wooden doors and thin walls can't keep any noise out. We heard people in the room above us, people in the hallway at night and even cars in the street. It's too much noise for a quiet night.
Out of town so not as busy as the big city, but plenty of other hotels in the city can actually offer a more quiet and peaceful place than this place. It's close to the beach and some little shops, bit other places offer the same thing so this isn't exceptional for this hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Reinout V
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Just back from staying at this hotel for a week and loved every minute of it. The rooms are adequate and clean with free air conditioning, safe, wi fi, television and there is a good sized fridge. I was in a room overlooking the road and didn't find it noisy and liked the sea and street view. A maid comes in to clean every day too.
The kind gentleman who owns it is not so good at English but is friendly and accommodating. His lack of English was not a problem as the other staff/family members were able to assist if he didn't understand. He is very proud of his hotel and beautiful gardens which he maintains to the highest standard and even picks up litter on both sides of the street in front of this hotel on a daily basis.
The continental buffet breakfast was good with enough variety of things to choose from including delicious yoghurt and honey. I also appreciated the calm of the dining area first thing in the morning and how efficiently it was run. Throughout the day there are snacks that can be ordered from the bar, Greek salad, toasted sandwiches etc. at a reasonable price although the evening all you can eat buffet was the best value for 7Eur. It is easY to buy in supplies from the supermarket across the road for snacks in the daytime if preferred and keep them and drinks in the fridge. Nothing was said if you were eating or drinking your own food around the pool area,
Loved the mojitos from the bar with mint and lemons picked fresh from the garden, the lovely iced coffees also worth a try. The owner also never charged me or my friend for bottles of chilled water.
I have never stayed in an hotel with such a calm and peaceful atmosphere and, as the weather was hotter than usual when I was there, spent many days lost in the peace and beauty of being by the pool (which I usually don't do!) which never seemed crowded or noisy. There are olive trees to provide shade, dappled shade and oxygen, swallows swooping down when empty to take any flying insects from the surface, brightly coloured flowers and mature gardens surrounding it that attracted butterflies and birds. It was so beautiful and I felt so serene there it took me three days to venture to the beach during day time.
By evening the garden becomes magical with lights and the sound of crickets. I saw many passers by look in wonder and comment as they passed in the street and could glimpse it through the gates.
There were only four British guests while I was staying there (me and my friend being two) and Amoudara as a resort also seemed not to have many British tourists about. Not a real problem although for me it is nice to have someone to speak English with and get to know when on holiday. Luckily the English couple there were lovely and we got on well.
Other plus points is that it is only a short walk to bars, tavernas (Maxim's, the closest was brilliant) and shops, on a bus route and only a short walk to the beach. It is easy to get about from here and explore more of the island.
Amoudara was not the most picturesque place I saw whilst on Crete but I was most impressed with and happy in choosing Hotel Lili, a place where I felt relaxed, rested and perfectly content.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank angestra
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

I would highly recommend this hotel. I enjoyed the pool, continental breakfast and this was a good location for me. Local buses in to town are quite convenient. The owner and other staff were very friendly.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Ross B
Reviewed 10 August 2016

Small hotel, managed by very kind gentleman, who is a little bit at odds with English, but it was not a big issue in communication :) Swimming pool is clean and well-kept, air-conditioning included, breakfasts simple, too European though (I was missing a bit some local flavours). I don't recommend you picking a room on the street side of the hotel - a little bit noisy. A big advantage is a beautiful garden, but for me the biggest one is the neighbourhood of sandy beach (what is rarity in Crete) as well as all touristic infrastructure - Ammoudara centre few steps away, car rental just over the fence (run by a Polish woman by the way). If come back to Crete ever again we will definitely stay at Lili hotel for sure!

Stayed: August 2016
6  Thank Artur B
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed a week in July 2016 (Dad and 3 teenagers). I've stayed in 5 star and 2 star hotels and the Lili is an excellent family hotel for travellers on a budget. The rooms were not much different to 4 star rooms. Safe, air con and Wifi all included. Rooms cleaned daily. Kids love the pool (up to 3m deep!). No problems getting a deckchair in the shade, there was room for everyone. Yes bathroom is small but I don't spend my holiday in a bathroom so that doesn't matter. Small hotel with <40 rooms and run by a family. Father speaks better German than English but Daughter speaks excellent English. Grandson doesn't speak anything as he was only 4 months old. Evening buffet is adequate with two mains but priced right at 7 EUR for all you can eat, seating beside the pool. Drinks are well priced and ice creams are from 1 EUR. No issues with mosquitoes. Supermarket across the road, rental car next door, lovely beach with 3 good cafes right on the beach is just 5 min walk and has a safe small river for young children. Tip : get a room on the lower floor overlooking the pool, it is quieter and cooler. No animation program but instead peaceful and relaxing. The owners said nothing as we swam in the pool at 21:30 at night, even though pool was officially 'closed'. Bus to Heraklion 1.70 EUR at the Supermarket or 2.50 EUR on the bus, or buy a daily ticket for 5 EUR unlimited travel. Buses run about every 20 minutes and an electronic sign at the bus stop shows when the next bus will come.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family