All reviewsbus stationold townexcellent locationshowerreceptionbalconybreakfastcreteport
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I made my booking through booking.com because all recommended hotels for conference were full. Description made it sound like just what I needed but the price was low which made me think that a struggle might lie ahead.

I was so wrong! Room - fabulous. Balcony - huge, with a view to the harbor. Check-in - perfect. Check-out - perfect. Breakfast - always ready early, and the staff always offered coffee as I departed early each day. Noise - none, except when Greece was playing World Cup match and won. Gotta give them that!

It was my first time in Chania, and when I return I will return to the Archontiki. Whether for business or pleasure. Many thanks to them!

FOR THOSE LESS MOBILE: One thing some readers should note is that Reception is not on the ground floor, and the stairs are very steep. The lift does not come down to street level, you must go up 5 - 10 stairs to reach the lift. I did not ask them if they can accomodate mobility in other ways, but another person might want to ask.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with harbor view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Perfect location. Elevator fits 2 people and one luggage. Breakfast is delicious. Rooms are clean. Air conditioning was a problem at first but I fixed it myself. Had the best view on the top floor. Staff was nice. They showed us how to get to everything. Wifi is wierd. There's a differnt signon for each floor.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Delilah N
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed June 8-10, 2014. Needed a clean, inexpensive room with easy access to the bus station for a good price. This was perfect. Reception was wonderful- so accommodating. Room was clean and just as expected/advertised. Nice to have a balcony to sit on during down time...and dry clothes. Would definitely go back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The Archontiki Hotel is in the perfect location for exploring Chania. We arrived by bus, and the hotel is about a 3-minute walk away which was incredibly convenient. It is only about a 5-minute walk to the endless side streets, which is ideal for shopping and taking packages back to your room. It is off on a side street so the noise isn't a factor. The staff was unbelievably friendly, which we found to be the norm for the people of Chania, and Crete in general. The breakfast was filling, the wifi and air conditioning worked great. Ask for 502 when you check in - it has a huge balcony and a wonderful view of the town and the sea!

Room Tip: Ask for room 502 - it has an awesome view!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We had a room on forth floor with a huuuuge terrace, with view over the city center, the mountains, and a bit of the sea. The staff was very kind and helpful. In fact, most people we met in Crete were truly nice. Room was clean enough (but not especially clean), spacious, not exactly cozy, but you spend most time outside anyway. Would definitely return here.

Room Tip: Room 402 is large and has a big terrace, maybe the biggest of all the rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family