“Average”

Villa Symposium Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 25 Restaurants in Delphi
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The menu was very limited and simple. It was quite tasty if oily, but cold, service was fine. I wouldn't recommend it as a choice, but fine as part of a tour package.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

A full meal for 13 euro included a paddy from zukini, a cheese makaroni pie,
And white rice with a small piece of chicken.
They offered very politly drinks but they came to charge 7 more euro from each for the drinks but only after the meal was done.

So overall, the food is soso, I wouldn't recommed to you unless you are desperate.
The toilet wasn't very clean and in the women's it didn't flush.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

We were here as part of a Key Tours tour, but lunch was not included. Food was microwaved and expensive even by Athens standard (12 EUR for Souvlaki or Bifteki).

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Our tour guide (from Key Tour company) took us to "Villa Symposium restaurant" for lunch shortly after we visited the Delphi Ruins.

First of all, the interior of the restaurant was alright. It was clean, spacious, quite comfortable and it wasn't hot inside. Lunch was included in our price package. We couldn't choose from the menu as we have only given 2 choices: vegetarian or non-vegetarian.

Our starter was Greek yogurt macaroni cheese. I have never tried this before, it was cold but I found the cheese and pasta inside were quite yummy. As for the main, my wife choose the vegetarian option which was a mixed of courgette, aubergine, red pepper and sliced potatoes. My wife thought it was average. Mine was a chicken breast with rice in white cream sauce. It was served cold as I guess it was cooked possibly 2 hours ago and as a result, it was quite dry and chewy. It was extremely salty too! I was starving so I didn't complain. The dessert - there wasn't one. It was just some slice melons but it was fine. Generally speaking, the food was below average as I don't think this business would survive if it is in Athens. We only found out that drinks were not included in the price afterwad so we had to pay for our own.
Service was average. We didn't need much of the staff service anyway.

Overall, I won't recommend this restaurant to anyone but I guess this is the kind of standard you'd expect when you joined local tour.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We stayed in Greece over the month of July 2017 and took a guided tour to Delphi. The company obviously worked a deal with the Symphony owner to bring all of their customer there for prepaid lunch. Now, custom in Greece is that restaurant owners provide either dessert of a digestive or some kind of fruit to their customers as a thank you gesture.
This owner, however charged the fruits to all of his customers who have prepaid their lunches. People who ordered their meals from the menu did not receive this complimentary treat. He asked them to pay for it! Most tourists do not know about this custom and ended up paying for the watermelon at the end. El Cheapo. Oh and the food - below average! Two minutes down the road there is a town with beautiful restaurants and coffee shops. Don't be tricked to go here.

1  Thank Xena C