“Manos--An Honest and Proud Greek Gentleman”
Review of Athens Tour Driver

Athens Tour Driver
Ranked #1 of 21 Tours in Piraeus
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Greece offers a fascinating blend of new and old, ideal climate and nature's treasures. Discover it all with Athens private tours! Our objective is to provide you with a private and personalised tour of our world famous destinations with a friendly, knowledgeable and flexible driver. Enjoy your custom Athens tours or Athens shore excursions with Spanish, Russian and French speaking drivers. We are here to share the history of our country, our fascinating stories, the myths, experiences, blend you with our culture, experience the Greek hospitality, give you a taste of our Greek cuisine and most importantly, have fun! We use luxurious, smoke-free, fully insured sedans and minivans and specialise in taking you to places where big coaches can not! Our 25 years of touring experience should give you a positive impression of Greek hospitality. Thank you and hope to see you in Athens Manos and Dimitris Taliadouros
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Manos--An Honest and Proud Greek Gentleman”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Having just finished an Eastern Mediterranean cruise, by chance we asked Manos to show us the typical touristy sights of Athens- (Acropolis, Olympic Stadium, etc.). He delivered us back to our hotel and said, "if you want to see more Athens, call me in the morning." The second day he was thrilled to show us HIS Greece. I wanted to go back to the Plains of Marathon. I had attended a World Boy Scout Jamboree in Marathon and wanted to see the area.
Manos' pride and knowledge of his Greek people radiated as he spent the day showing the Marathon area with a special tour of a historic grave site where archaeologist cousin was working. We had a great lunch with him overlooking the Bay at Marathon...Wonderful memories!!!!

Visited August 2011
4 Thank TMH23twins
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Greek first
Laguna Niguel, CA
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Disappointed -- Low point of two week trip”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I emailed SEVERAL guides prior to our cruise to accommodate our party of five adults (which meant taxi cabs weren't feasible). My husband, our two elderly Moms, a friend, and I were greatly looking forward to seeing the Acropolis and our half day tour of Athens. Manos had good feedback on TA was very responsive via email. I confirmed three separate times before we arrived that our tour guide would spend 4.5 hours showing us around. The itinerary was completely set by Manos -- based on seeing the Acropolis and the city tour as he suggested. I had stated that we did not want to return to the cruise ship, but that we would spend our afternoon at the Plaka. I repeatedly asked that our tour would still be the full length even though we weren't doing the 30 minute return to the ship. I was assured YES, his driver will take care of us and we will have a 4.5 hour tour. After all the confirming is it hard to believe how WRONG our one and only day in Athens went.

Pick up was prompt at 8:30 and the driver (not Manos) was waiting for the five of us in a BUS that would seat at least 12-15 people! I was looking forward to heading directly to the Acropolis to beat the crowds. His 'agenda' was different and instead he did a short 'drive by and glance at Athens' tour for roughly 30 minutes. He was very friendly and I tried to dismiss the fact that we didn't go straight to the Acropolis.

It was 9:30 when we arrived at the Acropolis. He let us off and instructed us to meet him back at the bus in 90 minutes. OK, we did. Then he drove five minutes down the hill to the Plaka, it was 11:10 and he was ending our tour! OMG If you pick up at 8:30 for a 4.5 hour tour, you should be sightseeing till almost 1 pm! I told my husband we would just pay less because we clearly did NOT get what was promised. At this point, we had spent only one hour with the actual guide -- the rest was walking around the Acropolis while he was off having breakfast or something.

Guide would have none of it and claimed it was our fault because we didn't want to see the museum. The museum doesn't require a 'guide'! It was around the corner and we could walk around there without him -- just like with the Plaka. He got Manos on the phone and my husband and he had a huge drawn out discussion (for 20 minutes!). Manos would NOT admit we had received less than we paid for and adjust the price. We were not willing to pay the full price for such a short tour. In the end, Manos said we HAD to pay the full price because that is what the BUS RENTAL costs! No customer service at all and would not be flexible. I was very upset. I had asked many questions before arrival and could not believe we were in this situation.

Bottom line was my husband said that if we had to pay the full price then the guide had to KEEP DRIVING. Guide finally understood whey we were upset when we told him that our email states we would be with the tour guide for 4.5 hours. The guide said "that never happens"!

Now, of course, the guide is not interested in finishing the tour. He drove us around for another 45 minutes hardly talking to us. Very very frustrating. LOW POINT OF OUR TWO WEEK TRIP. We had hoped for a wonderful day of sightseeing with our Moms (75 + 80!) and Manos completely ruined it for all of us.

We have had tour guides in Italy, Turkey, and South America. This is the first time we have any kind of issue. We are well traveled and did our due diligence -- we shopped guides, communicated our expectations, and reconfirmed what we were getting. MANOS completely let us down and I am sorry we chose him. I was going to rate him a ONE but decided to be kind and give him a TWO. Manos can dispute our story, but I have all his emails and four family members that can confirm everything. Hope future visitors have a better experience than ours.

9 Thank ALadyNCal
manos_tal, Owner at Athens Tour Driver, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Dear traveler
I am commited to quality service for all my customers.Therefore I appreciate positive and negative reviews !!
I am shocked to discover that my bus driver wanted to end the tour before the agreed 5 hours.Rest assured I will not use his services in the future !!Next time you or your friends visit Athens I will give you a 50% discount .
Kind Regards
Manos
brantford, ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“We had an excellent tour, it was the best one on our cruise.”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Our cruise stopped in Athens in Nov. 2011. I found "Athens Private Tour Drive" on TA.and booked a tour for our group. George the driver met us outside the customs terminal holding a sign with my name on it. We were guided to all the highlights of Athens in a well maintained,new bus. George took us to a local resturant for an authentic Greek lunch. I would recommend this company to anyone that is looking for a guided tour of Athens.contact them at manos.tal at gmail. com

3 Thank brucedog09
Granada, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great blitz tour of Athens!”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Manos was extremely accommodating and picked a friend and I up from the Athens Int'l Airport at midnight to give us a tour. As we had an 8hr layover, Manos provided us with the chance to view Athens from night and dropped us back off at the airport at 4:30am. We had a blast!

Visited December 2011
4 Thank KierstenBridget
Panama City, Panama
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The walk uphill is worthed doing”
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I have to say I recommend visiting in November rather than summer time. The weather was wonderful, sunny but cool and comfortable. Also not so many people, so you can browse around as you please, sit, no lines, no waiting. One thing is to see the Temple on a postcard, another is to feel the spaces. I went with the intention of waiting for my group at the skirts of the hill, yet once there I realized it was not so bad a walk. I was totally satisfied to have gone all the way to the top. Also an amazing view from up there.
We hired http://www.athenstourdriver.com/ online, several days before taking a cruise. We asked for a Spanish speaking guide if possible. There he was, waiting for us at the harbor. A multilingual guide Stalios, very knowledgeable and practical guide. He drove himself a lovely, comfortable new car, knew all the tricks and places and timings as where to be at the right time.

4 Thank llissam