“Never again”

Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 24
Cuisines: Greek, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ydria restaurant is located in plaka next to the ancient agora.Our wines collection along with our dishes are the best options for tasting a real Greek cuisine. All you have to do is trust us and let us take care of you. Our new menu is constructed by the award-winning chef Giannis Solakis. The new culinary options are based on the Greek creative cuisine and the traditional raw material from all around Greece.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is a restaurant mainly for tourists. If you want to taste authentic Greek cuisine then you should try something else. Even more disappointed that olive oil comes at an extra charge!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was sent here by Theo who owns The Loom in the Plaka. He claims his family owns the place so naturally he will promote it. It had indoor and outdoor seating. The decor was charming and the service was attentive but, not overbearing. I had lamb in a pot and it was very good. The baklava was very good. The restaurant is very close to the Plaka/Monstraki border. The portions are very generous and the house wine is very good. The menu is very large and has vegetarian options. The cuisine is definitely Greek here.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Friendly restaurant, good range of meals with veggie options too. Indoor and outdoor seating, Well cooked food, nice choice of alcohol. Great location close to Hadrians Library.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was sent to Ydria by Theo at The Loom in the Plaka (a wonderful experience in itself). It's run by his family so naturally he plugged it, however, I was pleased I went. I had the chicken Souvlaki with lemon potatoes and was not disappointed. The chicken was beautifully grilled and tasty and the potatoes were not overwhelmingly lemon flavoured, which I was worried about. The peppers could probably have done with a little more grilling but as I'm not a huge fan of them anyway, I wasn't overly concerned.

I followed that lovely dinner with an 'on the house' Baklava (courtesy of Theo at The Loom). The portion was incredibly generous and while I was getting decidedly full, there was no way I could leave it; it was without doubt one of the best Baklava's I have tasted.

Thank you to Theo for the recommendation but thank you to the staff for the wonderful meal and incredible Baklava. I would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Greek mixed meat was excellent, but the moussaka was so so, probably been sitting around for too long . The cucumber salad was a cucumber sliced up and a few slices of tomatoes, which we did not mind, though the presentation left much to be desired. The live music was nice. Service was ok.