“A couple of days in Athens”

O&B Athens Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 326 Hotels in Athens
“A couple of days in Athens”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Great location, staff are very helpfull and very close to the Acropolis and Thira train station.
Traveled to Athens for the very first time with wife and 2 young kids (9 & 5). Room size was a good size and they supplied us with 2 extra single beds for the kids. Bath rooms are very nice and beds very comfy. We got a room with not much of a view but with the price we paid did not really care. Will recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Athens. Just remember to talk to the staff and they will give you directions around the city. Also will recommend the walk from Thira station around to the acropolis museum, it is a very nice part of the city and you will not regret it.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Reviewed 26 June 2012

This small hotel is an excellent option if you're looking for comfort (it is very comfort indeed) and great staff. Good breakfast (could be better), great room (needs a bigger TV), excellent and huge bathroom. Wi-fi internet if free and fast.
The only real problem is the neighborhood. It is located on the very end of a bad neighborhood, so when you arrive at the hotel you feel like entering on a poor area of the city.
But when you get the orientations by (the very attencious) staff and they point you to the right directions, you leave this "strange neighborhood after 3-5 minutes, and arrive in a 15 minute-walk at Acropolis and in 10 minutes walk at Gazi (which is the best area with a lot of bar and restaurants). No need for taxi, which is great.
So, to sum up, great hotel and staff, and good localization (if you don't mind walking a little bit...).

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This hotel was recommended to me by a friend who knew I was looking for good service, a safe area, and a location close to the Acropolis and other sites (and I didn't mind paying a little bit extra for all of those things.) O&B was all of that, and so much more. As other travelers have mentioned, the location can't be beat - ten minutes or less to the Acropolis and around 20-25 to Syntagma Square and other museums around town. At first I thought the area might be a little run-down, but I figured out that a) all of Athens is covered in graffiti, and b) the area around O&B doesn't really start hopping until the late evening. The beds are comfortable, the rooms quite modern, and the bathrooms are as nice as I expected. I echo other reviewers in that the street noise after 10/11 PM might be a problem for a light sleeper, but I went to bed early most nights and didn't have a problem.

However, the staff are what really make O&B shine - everyone was exceptionally welcoming and helpful, with no exceptions. We even slept in a little our first morning there, and when we came downstairs, we found that the restaurant staff had held breakfast late for us because they knew we'd checked in late the night before. (The breakfast, by the way, was the best I had at any hotel throughout my trip.) This was my first trip to Athens and I was a little nervous about finding my way around a new city, but the O&B staff did everything they could to make my trip perfect. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Athens, and will definitely stay here again if I ever return.

1 Thank RubyRed2010
Essex
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Outstanding service from beginning to end of stay - took my bags to my room, free olives, feta and tomato brought to my room and when I wanted to watch England's football match and discovered my TV picture to be unwatchable they gave me a neighbouring room to watch the TV and then fixed mine.

Breakfast was good - they made orange juice and offered to make bacon and omelette.

Location is good but the immediate neighbouring streets are pretty run down. So the Metro is a couple of minutes away and most key sites can be walked to easily enough.

Room Tip: Higher up in the hotel will afford more of a view
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Canada
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We had a standard room facing the back avenue. Pros: I like the modern design, location near andrianou street and friendly helpful staff, good value as paid for the prepaid option and saved 40%. I don't think I would have been happy to pay the full price for the size of the room but Athens hotels are expensive. Cons: small room, traffic noise, did not get wake up call. My advice would be to book a room on the hotel entrance side as it does not have as much traffic. Note: The traffic noise did not prevent me to sleep and I'm a light sleeper, there is good isolation.