“Basic hotel with lousy wifi and friendly staff”
Review of Hotel Diethnes

Hotel Diethnes
Ranked #213 of 281 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 16 January 2016

For a couple of nights its ok I had to go down to reception to get a wifi signal which is a bit annoying its basic accommodation but for the price its ok I suppose, ,, breakfast not very exciting, ,, read that someone else got yoghurt and honey,,, they were one of the lucky ones!!!!! But I did get nearly half a pot of coffee to myself

Room Tip: Go for pot luck
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank fraveler027
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 October 2015

On walking distance of the city center (calculate about 15 - 20 minutes though) you will find this hotel. Friendly staff. The exterior of the building and the main halls look old and authentic, but the rooms are very very small. Maintenance (especially of bathroom) could be better. When staying in a room with two persons, it is almost hard to move around! Wifi is poor/slow.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2015 via mobile

We booked for three nights but stayed only two, did not have a chance to eat breakfast because of our schedule.

Good points - we arrive at 2, staff are friendly and our room is ready. Close to subway station and there's a nice grocery store nearby. Rooms are neat.

However, the shower is too small and the internet was good on the first day but not after. The room is really small and the aircondition was too loud.

If you are on a budget and just need a place to sleep, this will work.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2015

Very very bad hotel. Rude unhelpful staff. no air conditioning working. NO WIFI in rooms. they charged me triple the price for the room. VERY BAD location. Far away from the center, in a not safe area near the train station. I think you can get much better for cheaper.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Gauthier M
Reviewed 13 May 2015 via mobile

I didn't pay a lot to stay here & yet it still disappointed.
The paperwork said my breakfast was 5 euros but the receptionist argued it was 8 euros.
Thanks to marina, this was rectified for me & it was explained that the lower price is low season )which they should clarify)

There was no hot water for the basin (a minor point)
The window didn't close
The TV didn't work
There's just one power point
There were light fittings loose Ali g with a dodgy hairdryer & towel rail.

Two days running the room wasn't looked at so after mentioning it, I emptied my own bin &changed my own bedding tho there still wasn't a duvet cover or extra pillow case either. When I went to leave the closed bag of rubbish at reception, I was told not to leave it there but to put it outside yet they expected me to have it in my room for over 2 days!

Wifi only worked in reception I later learned (I was on the lower floor)

Nothing was cleaned

The manager pedro was never available to speak with, either in person or by phone

Marina was the saving point for me: pure, helpful & apologetic.
She deserves to work somewhere better.

The hotel could do itself a favour by pointing out:
If asked, they order take away
If asked, they supply hot water
They sell bottles of water
They have 24 hour reception
They can help organise & book tours.

There isn't a safe for valuables, it's noisy ( you hear next door having a shower, flushing the loo etc)
& no fire exit signs or extinguishers

While there I heard many other complaints
No double bed despite one being booked
A couple being told they didn't look after their room when it wasn't cleaned
I paid extra for a balcony but was informed no rooms have balconies !!

Surprise surprise, I wouldn't visit again

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo