See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 November 2014

Terrible hotel.
It is very dirty, they offer services they do not have, as an air conditioning that it does oft work, a wifi line that it is impossible to connect or a tv that has just one channel.
The staff is quite unpolite, they do not help you anything. We have a problem with the reservation, because of they made an overbooking, and the only thing they did, it was laughing of the problem they provoked. Avoid this place, you have better places in this lovely city.

• Stayed: November 2014
4  Thank rafagli
Reviewed 7 October 2014

Horrible. This hotel did not have a room for us when we arrived, they made an overbooking, something normal for them if you read other reviews of travellers. We had to wait until the next day to get our room, we wanted to register a complaint but no book was offered. We were told they do not have book for complaints.Strange, really? So, we made a complaint in the tourist police station until the Greek ministery of tourism, and we ask for the money back to otel.com, the website were we made the booking. But still waiting for an answer. Keep away of this place.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Rafael G
Reviewed 3 October 2014

This place is vile, walked in to a guy smoking an the building stank. First booked 1 bed room was told I would have to wait for my next day to get in it as they double booked or something. So was told what room I was in wasnt shown just told then as soon as I opened the door there was a BED BUG on the wall, I lifted the sheet to find two there aswell. Walked in shower if you can call a dirty poo stained hole in the floor where im supposed to wash a shower. It was now 12 am so wasnt going to be walking around athens by myself that time to find a new hotel. I then killed at least 25 bed bugs on the bed, wall, shower, door and pillow. I went down saying my 4 day stay will now be 1 night an I want the rest of my money back he said ok but he cant do nothing now wait till tomorrow to speak to manager. Which I did wrapping myself and luggage up so no bugs could infest my belongings. Worst night sleep if you call waking up every 30 mins to flick a bed bug off my pillow a sleep. Next day went dowm stairs and kindly enough the manager did refund me for the next 3 days but said something offensive and angry in greek about english people as I left. Always nice tohear. SO DONT STAY HERE , if you want bed bugs in your clothes for your future travels go ahead but otherwise avoid. Spend that extra on a nice hotel Athens is well worth it.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
11  Thank Rob S
Reviewed 8 September 2014 via mobile

Where do I start? Male receptionist was rude and obnoxious. He openly yelled at both us and the guests before us for unreasonable requests such as why the poor unusable WiFi, air con and payment via card which are all advertised online are not available. The room which was booked was not available, dividing the party.

I understand you get what you pay for but this 'hotel' was an actual joke and an affront to the hospitality industry. You have been warned.

• Stayed: September 2014
9  Thank Kentaro F
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Alma Hotel is a very budget place to stay in at one of the centres of Athens- Omonia. Even though there is no air conditioning in the rooms, they are all with big French windows so that it is spacious enough to ventilate the room. The beds were comfortable enough for a good night sleep (might need earplugs if you are an easy-awaken person!)

The only wee trouble was the bathroom. The shower basin might not be large enough for much movement of the shower head. All you have to do is to put the carpet right outside of the bathroom (if it's elevated).

Staff was helpful and was always smiling. Don't get offended if they speak to you 'rudely'- they are just trying their best to speak English to you I suppose!

Very convenient location- around 15 minutes walk from Monastiraki, then 10 minutes more for Syntagma Square. I walked from Alma to almost everywhere!

Room Tip: Upper floors might be a good idea for travellers who have to sleep well every night
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple