President Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Room Service
1,662 results
All reviewsrooftop poolmetro stationcommunal areasbit datedtop floorbuffet breakfastpublic transportationvisit athensyogurtcentral athenssyntagma squarepanormoutaxiseuropeacropolis
Reviewed 20 January 2012

everything was nice and most of all looking at beautifull Athens from 19th floor !!

Room Tip: View to Lekabetus hill !
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I stayed there 3 nights.It is a nice hotel and in a good place and near to public taransformation.Near to sintagma sq and there is a lot of shopping center near this hotel.
Rooms are clean and they have good view,Staffs are polite.And food is great.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Behnoosh1989
Reviewed 30 December 2011

The hotel is located relatively far from the city attractions but it is in a good condition (except the rattling elevators) and calm. My room was on the 15th floor - I recommend the upper floors because of the nice view. The room was spacious and clean, the TV set was out of order. No free wi-fi, and it was expensive. Breakfast was tasty and plentiful. During my stay the hotel was full of strange guests, the majority of them was injured. I felt like being in a hospital or in a rehabilitation institute.FInally revealed that the strange guests are refugees staying there for 2-3 months. It was in December.

Room Tip: Upper floors have nicer view (10+)
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Technogracia
Reviewed 24 December 2011

I stayed in President Hotel for 2 nights. I made this choice because I had heard very good comments for this hotel in the past.
I arrived there after my vacation in Europe. I checked in after 12.00 in the night. The receptionist (a man) and the bell boy were very helpful. However, when I filled in the registration form the receptionist asked me to charge my credit card with the amount of the accomodation. There wasn't any possibility for me of leaving the hotel without paying. I was really bothered from that. I can understand that big hotels have certain policies. I have been in a 5star hotel and the procedure was the same. But that hotel was of 5 stars and it really deserved it.
The worst thing: they gave me a room in 15th floor. I have never stayed in a so high floor; by nature I don't feel comfortable at high heights. When I went in the room, I tried to "adapt" myself to the height. It was impossible. I phoned at the reception to ask if it was possible to change room. The receptionist (was a girl) had a very negative attitude towards me. She insisted on asking me if I really like the room. She asked me why I hadn't told that at the ckeck-in. I told her that I hadn't stayed there before and I wasn't familiar with their policy. I still asked her very politely to change the room even the next day. She told me, completely impolitely, that the hotel is full and the only room available was on 7th floor. Being very tired from the night flight and from a cold, I accepted to go there. It was much better for me, being at the 7th floor. But, I was really annoyed by the receptionist's way of talking to me.
The new room was in a lower floor. But, it was a room for handicapped people. The receptionist told me that I would change to a double room, not a room for handicapped people. But, I couldn't complain again because the hotel was full and then I would have to stay in the street. Even though if I wanted to call at the reception, I wasn't able because the telephone was out of order. I discovered in the last day, when I wanted to call the bell-boy to take my luggage at the reception. In a 4 star hotel, where you have to pre-pay your accomodation, the telephone in the room is only for decoration. Just to say that the room has a telephone. But if you need help or if you want to call, you have no possibility.
Another thing that I want to mention: in the hotel there were a lot of guests. I expected to see many different people there. But I couldn't imagine that I would see illegal immigrants in a 4star hotel. There were many people from Libya in the hotel. You could see them walking in the hotel without shoes, with broken hands, legs and heads. I agree that Greece like a government can offer help to those people, that have war in their country. In my opinion, a hospital is a better place for those people. In a 4 star hotel, seeing that picture, impoverished people with broken heads and legs, staring at the female clients, is completely unacceptable. I wanted to have a pleasant stay in this hotel, to relax and feel safe.
In the future, I won't stay in this hotel and I wouldn't suggest it to my friends. It has many facilities but there are "details" that spoil its general picture.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Giota_Lz
Reviewed 13 December 2011

While it's a little far from the main attractions, it worked perfect for us because we prefer to stay at a nicer hotel and out of the city than be in a cheaper hotel near the attractions.
The buffet breakfast was huge and delicious.
One downside was that there aren't many good restaurants within walking distance for dinner. We asked the concierge for directions to a "typical greek" place and got lost, but we ended up finding something decent.
About 3 minute walk from the nearest metro station.
I can't remember the name of it, but there's a mountain/hill that's not too far away with a church on top. That was a fun hike and we enjoyed wandering through the market on the street on the way down.
We tried to use the pool the first day we were there, but it was too cold. It looked nice though it was smaller than it appears in the hotel's photo.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple