President Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Room Service
1,616 results
All reviewsrooftop poolcommunal areasmetro stationhigh floorbit datedbuffet breakfastpublic transportationvisit athensyogurtsyntagma squarecentral athenspanormoupenthousetaxiseuropeacropolis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 December 2011

I stayed in President Hotel for 2 nights. I made this choice because I had heard very good comments for this hotel in the past.
I arrived there after my vacation in Europe. I checked in after 12.00 in the night. The receptionist (a man) and the bell boy were very helpful. However, when I filled in the registration form the receptionist asked me to charge my credit card with the amount of the accomodation. There wasn't any possibility for me of leaving the hotel without paying. I was really bothered from that. I can understand that big hotels have certain policies. I have been in a 5star hotel and the procedure was the same. But that hotel was of 5 stars and it really deserved it.
The worst thing: they gave me a room in 15th floor. I have never stayed in a so high floor; by nature I don't feel comfortable at high heights. When I went in the room, I tried to "adapt" myself to the height. It was impossible. I phoned at the reception to ask if it was possible to change room. The receptionist (was a girl) had a very negative attitude towards me. She insisted on asking me if I really like the room. She asked me why I hadn't told that at the ckeck-in. I told her that I hadn't stayed there before and I wasn't familiar with their policy. I still asked her very politely to change the room even the next day. She told me, completely impolitely, that the hotel is full and the only room available was on 7th floor. Being very tired from the night flight and from a cold, I accepted to go there. It was much better for me, being at the 7th floor. But, I was really annoyed by the receptionist's way of talking to me.
The new room was in a lower floor. But, it was a room for handicapped people. The receptionist told me that I would change to a double room, not a room for handicapped people. But, I couldn't complain again because the hotel was full and then I would have to stay in the street. Even though if I wanted to call at the reception, I wasn't able because the telephone was out of order. I discovered in the last day, when I wanted to call the bell-boy to take my luggage at the reception. In a 4 star hotel, where you have to pre-pay your accomodation, the telephone in the room is only for decoration. Just to say that the room has a telephone. But if you need help or if you want to call, you have no possibility.
Another thing that I want to mention: in the hotel there were a lot of guests. I expected to see many different people there. But I couldn't imagine that I would see illegal immigrants in a 4star hotel. There were many people from Libya in the hotel. You could see them walking in the hotel without shoes, with broken hands, legs and heads. I agree that Greece like a government can offer help to those people, that have war in their country. In my opinion, a hospital is a better place for those people. In a 4 star hotel, seeing that picture, impoverished people with broken heads and legs, staring at the female clients, is completely unacceptable. I wanted to have a pleasant stay in this hotel, to relax and feel safe.
In the future, I won't stay in this hotel and I wouldn't suggest it to my friends. It has many facilities but there are "details" that spoil its general picture.

5  Thank Giota_Lz
Reviewed 13 December 2011

While it's a little far from the main attractions, it worked perfect for us because we prefer to stay at a nicer hotel and out of the city than be in a cheaper hotel near the attractions.
The buffet breakfast was huge and delicious.
One downside was that there aren't many good restaurants within walking distance for dinner. We asked the concierge for directions to a "typical greek" place and got lost, but we ended up finding something decent.
About 3 minute walk from the nearest metro station.
I can't remember the name of it, but there's a mountain/hill that's not too far away with a church on top. That was a fun hike and we enjoyed wandering through the market on the street on the way down.
We tried to use the pool the first day we were there, but it was too cold. It looked nice though it was smaller than it appears in the hotel's photo.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Although the rooms were not recently refurbished, they were very clean. The hotel was very quiet and we had a very good sleep, which was never disturbed. We stayed in the 8th floor and the view was nice... however, rooms on higher floors would have much better view of all Athens. Overall, it was a very good stay and we had a good time.

Room Tip: HIgher floors have an excelent view
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom C
Reviewed 7 December 2011

The President is a good, reasonably priced hotel with a gorgeous Penthouse pool side bar/ restaurant that is open all year (the pool closes in Autumn/ Winter). Breakfast is included in the price and has a good range of breads, cereals, juices, meats, fruit, hot drinks, greek salad/ yogurt& honey etc; served 6.30-10 am I believe. The reception and hotel staff are excellent and very helpful. The single room I stayed in had a double bed with ample storage, a vanity desk, a small coffee table with 2 soft chairs and carpeting. There was air-conditioning/ heating that kept the room nice and warm in Autumn. The window can be opened a little for fresh air. Opt for a room on a high floor as the street side can be noisy. The rooms have wifi for a fee and it can 'drop' the signal occasionally. The TV shows mostly Greek channels which a few of the major news channels- I would prefer SKY NEWS but imagine it is not common in Greece. Ambelokipi, the nearest station is only a few stops into the centre on the modern and clean metro system and runs until late at night. There is an ATM just to the right of the hotel and a kiosk on the same and opposite sides of the street which sells magazines, water (50c for small bottle), crisps, chocolate, crisps, package sandwiches etc. If you continue down the road (after leaving the hotel to the right) there is a huge Carrefour supermarket selling food, daily goods, toiletries and household goods. The street has lots of other shops and cafes and if you take a right at the bottom of the road (on the way to the metro) there are more cafes/ restaurants. Overall I have given it 4 stars as it is great value for money imho.

Room Tip: High floor *18th recommended.
Reviewed 7 December 2011

This was just a one night stop-over in Athens and a while since I've stayed at the President. Room spacious and bed extremely comfortable. It would be nice if there was a kettle and cups in the room for tea or coffee though. Biggest improvement was the breakfast. The layout has changed, as has the food on offer - a veritable feast.

Room Tip: I did once stay and the room was rather noisy - this time I requested a quiet room and got an exellent nights sleep