We arrived at the hotel after spending a week on a Regent Seven Seas cruise, so we were used to being in a luxury environment. This hotel stood up to scrutiny! The room was quite large and well appointed. Once we determined that we had to put the room key into the wall control to turn on the AC, it worked fine. The bed was a California King and the room was extremely quiet. We had their breakfast buffet each morning, which had everything one could want in a breakfast..from omelets to Greek pastries. The hotel also has a very convenient shuttle bus which takes their guests to the Plaka square. The driver will also let you off closer to the entrance of the Parthenon without a problem...but will only pick up passengers to return to the hotel from the Plaka, The weather while we were there was spectacular, so one evening we went to the roof top bar to have a cocktail and watch the sun set. Beautiful. The hotel and rooftop bar have a fantastic view of the distant Parthenon and it was delightful to sit and watch the sun set while the lights came on at the Parthenon. All-in-all, a delightful two night stay. We would return in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No wonder the Athenaeum InterContinental has been named Greece s leading hotel time and again. Athens largest guestrooms, award winning fine dining venues and a central location appeal to business and leisure travellers alike. Within a few kilometres are the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Apollo and the PlÃ¡ka. Metro and tram stations are also nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Prestigia, HotelQuickly, Agoda and IHG so you can book your InterContinental Athenaeum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Athenaeum Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athens
- Intercontinental Hotel Athenaeum