“THANOS IS GREAT! Wonderful full day tour of Athens”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tour Trip Greece

Tour Trip Greece
Ranked #83 of 283 Tours in Athens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tour Trip Greece is a tour company based in Athens, that prides itself on its customer service, integrity, and passion for sharing the Greek culture, art, history, civilization, with our guests. We specialize in tailor made personalized tours in Athens, and throughout Greece. Day-trips or more day tours, to Delphi, Corinth, Mycenae, Olympia, Cape Sounio etc. for up to 50 persons; Mini-bus services all over Greece.Also the popular Athens city-tour from the Athens airport/port for travellers who want to add a touch of class in to their journey. Our priority is always to satisfy your desires for an authentic experience in Greece. Looking forward to welcome you in Athens.
Scottsdale, Arizona
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“THANOS IS GREAT! Wonderful full day tour of Athens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

My wife and I were absolutely impressed by Thanos and the full day tour he mapped out for us in Athens. We had just completed a cruise of the Baltic and Greek Isles and wanted to explore Athens before our return home to Scottsdale, Arizona. Thanos met us at our hotel and then took us on a spectacular tour of the city in his very comfortable Mercedes sedan. It was a private tour for just my wife and I and we saw all the remarkable sights there are to see in Athens--the Acropolis, the Olympic stadium, the Parthenon, Hadrian's arch, Plato's Academy and his where Plato lived many moons ago. We started the tour at Lycabettus Hill, a marvelous overlook of all Athens and a great start to put the entire tour into perspective. Thanos was friendly, professional and most of all knowledgeable of Athens, Greece, its culture and history. We also asked Thanos to take us to dinner in a local seafood restaurant in the harbor area and he picked a fantastic, outdoor restaurant with a perfect harbor side table and view. And most importantly, the fresh fish right out of the sea was delicious as was the Greek salad and vegetables. Besides being a an excellent tour guide, Thanos became a good friend. I highly recommend Thanos to all who are interested in a top notch tour of Athens. Pat and Jo Lynn D. Scottsdale, Arizona

Visited September 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

bournemouth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Thanos from Tour Trip Greece is top notch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

If you are looking for a super friendly, knowledgeable and thoroughly reliable tour company, then look no further than Tour Trip with Thanos as your guide. He is your man for the perfect introduction to Greece with its wonderful culture, history and people.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank quirkylady
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Athens, Corinth, Agrolis, Mycenae and Epidaurus – All thanks to Thanos!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

Day 1 full day Athens tour-

On our wonderful vacation to Europe, Greece was the last stop after France and Italy. And just when we felt we had seen it all at the Eiffel Tower, Louvre, magnificent coliseum and the Vatican we had the good fortune of meeting Thanos, (short for a name that in Greek means eternal life) who brought to life ancient Greece for us.

My background is philosophy and my husband though an engineer is deeply into art and history. We wanted to do justice to the fountainhead of modern civilization; Athens and the nearby islands. And with the help of Thanos we were able to do just that and more.

Punctual, professional, polite and passionate about Greece, Thanos greeted us at the Hotel dot on time and the rest is history, well literally and figuratively. Ten minutes into the conversation and we knew that he not only has the passion but also the knowledge to make his profession his vocation. His collection of books and magazines and his accuracy with facts and dates just showed that he really knew what he was talking about and showing eager tourists. After giving us an overview of the city from the Lycabettus Hill, and Parthenon, and Hadrian’s arch from the Hill we proceeded to visit these places.

And though it was not on the agenda, he readily agreed to accommodate our request to take us to Plato’s academy and the place where Plato actually lived. It was an out of the world experience. I had only read about these philosophical giants but to see where they sat, walked and taught was amazing and we have Thanos to thank for it because he knew not only the famous and most visited spots but also these lesser known treasures.

And in between there were discussions about the 5 greatest roman emperors, the three prominent kinds of architecture, and the variation in names of the same gods and goddesses in Greek and Roman culture. We saw the Agora, the Acropolis, Hadrian’s library, the site of the Olympic games, the altar of Zeus and Hermes, Keramikos with city wall and potters, and also the place where Socrates’s trail was conducted. The site has not been named yet but Thanos did his own research and found it and confirmed it with authentic sources. We also had delicious spinach pie at one of the local wonderful restaurants suggested by Thanos.

Day 2 – The four island tour, Corinth, Argolis, Mycenae, and Epidaurus
The second full day tour was equally action packed with loads of history, fun and information. We saw the Temple of Apollo, and the Archeological museum of ancient Corinth at the oldest city of Greece that is Corinth. We stopped to see the Corinth Canal too which is rarely used for navigational purposes but is a sought after tourist spot.

Thanos then took us to the Island of Mycenae, where we saw the famous Atreus treasury also called the tomb of Agamemnon, which by the way is related to neither of them. Thanos told us that it was thus named by Heinrich Schliemann the archeologist and has been used ever since.

He then took us to a very nice souvenir shop as we wanted to get something authentic from Argos for our friends and not be tricked into buying costly yet fake Greek stuff. Then we quickly grabbed a bite and went to the famous theatre of Epidaurus known for its awesome acoustics. It is so hard for me to remember everything that he shared and explained. I guess 2 days is either not enough for Greece or not enough for Greece with Thanos.

He paid the toll while he drove in between these places and also gifted a Greece Soccer T shirt to my husband in the end for us to support Greece in the Euro Cup.

A true gentleman, extremely knowledgeable and organized, goes out of his way to make you get the value for your money and in the end you feel as if you have created a bond with Greece because of him.

I would recommend his tours to anyone who really wishes to visit Greece; this will be the best thing you could do to make your trip memorable and insightful.

Thank you Thanos!!!!!!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank megha-harsh
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great half day tour of Athens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

I was passing through Athens for less than a day so I was fortunate to have booked a 6 hour tour with Thanos to maximize my time there. Through his incredibly deep knowledge of history, winning personality, and top-notch service, I was able to get a unique introduction to Athens and Greek culture in a short amount of time. I will definitely book a longer tour of Greece with Thanos the next time I return.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank TonyATL
Canada
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

I was very fortunate to have met some incredible people and received some wonderful service during my travels in Greece, but Thanos stands head and shoulders above the rest! I learned more in the 4+ hours with him than I did in nearly the rest of my trip combined! He is friendly, polite, and incredibly knowledgeable-not only in terms of Greek and European history, but virtually any topic you might come across.
One of his greatest attributes is his ability to go beyond a simple history lesson and paint an image in your mind, to really make you think and feel like you're there in whatever time and place is being discussed/explained. He gives his stories heart and soul. History is a great tool for people to learn from, and I really felt like Thanos did an incredible job doing just that-taking you past dates and times, terminology, etc. and giving you the true meaning and lessons to be learned from this incredible place!
I will never forget my trip to Greece. The short amount of time Meaghan and I were lucky enough to have with Thanos will always stand out as one of the highlights. If you are lucky enough to receive his services, I know you will not be disappointed!

Visited May 2012