We were very comfortable during our recent stay at the Athens Hilton. However, the "cloud" that currently hangs over Greece was apparent at the hotel. I expected a vibrant, four-plus star hotel with a sense of style and attentive service. What we experienced was a really comfortable escape from the city, but with a pall hanging over everyone's attitude. It was as if the malaise that currently afflicts Greece had also infected the hotel in terms of the vibe. That said, if you want the comforts of a Western-style hotel room, the Hilton delivers. If you want to experience Athens but want a place to escape to, the Hilton fits the bill.
The front desk staffers were hit or miss. There were a few who were really helpful; others were downright dismissive. Getting food or a drink at the pool restaurant and bar was a chore. There was one waiter for a crowded pool area during our weekend there. I had to walk over to the hostess at the restaurant and order directly through her.
We are an extended family, and we had connecting rooms on so-called noisy side of the hotel. We didn't hear a thing. The windows are sound-proofed with nice blackout curtains for a good night's sleep. There's a design flaw in the connecting rooms: the doors between the rooms shut and lock automatically! Doesn't that defeat the purpose? We locked ourselves out of the other side several times.
We had a really good price, so we're not complaining. The pool is a great place for kids (we have a young one), and the location of the hotel is close to the city center but far enough away so that you don't need to worry about protests. You can also walk to several inexpensive restaurants and a snack/drink kiosk. We recommend doing that, because the food at the hotel is costly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Athens is not just a hotel. It’s a legacy in Athens. Consider the fact that a whole area is named after the Hilton and you’ll start to understand the immense name this hotel has had the past 48 years. Socialités, fashionistas, local and international celebrities, you see them here!An architectural marvel, the Hilton Athens has been fully renovated in 2003 to be able to cope with the next episode in its ever interesting life. The hotel boasts 506 spacious rooms and some of the best city views available. You can almost touch the Acropolis! Art is abundant and local artists are used throughout the hotel. Hilton Athens has the largest outdoor pool in the city center and features four restaurants and two bars. The Byzantino restaurant offers Mediterranean cuisine in a renowned atmosphere. At the Milos restaurant, you can taste gourmet Greek cuisine at its best. Aethrion Lounge is where local celebrities and politicians meet for a coffee and the rooftop Galaxy Bar Restaurant truly is the most glamorous Athenian hangout to start out or end your night, to see or to be seen. Remember; people like to dress up here! Be the VIP you are while enjoying a citywide view. The hotel is just 25 minutes away from the airport by direct subway. It features 22 meeting rooms for 2 to 1300 people, a 24-hour Business Center and an Executive Lounge with Acropolis view. For a spa getaway or some pampering time away from the real world, you can visit the Hiltonia Spa, featuring an indoor pool, a fully equipped fitness room, a Pilates studio with natural light and an endless array of health and beauty treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Hilton EMEA, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your Hilton Athens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Athens Hotel Athens
- Hilton International Athens