3,846 results
All reviews butler service rooftop restaurant winter garden butler floor cigar bar gb roof garden syntagma square parliament building beautiful hotel deluxe suite steam room indoor pool greek parliament top floor marble bathroom king george our honeymoon
Reviewed 13 July 2017

We stayed at this hotel twice in July 2017 (on our way to and back from the islands). For us it's a perfect combination of laid-back elegance. The service was extremely friendly (as we found throughout Greece) and attentive, without being disruptive. The view from the rooftop restaurant is breathtaking (and I use that word carefully -- we did stop in our tracks when we rounded the corner and came in view of the Parthenon). The beds are extremely comfortable (so much so that we joked about getting back to them after finishing with the islands). This hotel lives up to its reputation. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2017

This was our 3rd and 4th visits to GB. It's a special, beautiful hotel. We stayed twice this trip - both before and after Santorini. The hotel was sold out and our initial room was on the 1st floor. We asked for another room and they accommodated us with a slightly larger room on the 2nd floor. Windows work well keeping the noise out and it was fine. In the past, we have always been on higher floors and normally receive an upgrade. Neither of these happened during our 2 visits. I was sightly surprised but realize these benefits are based on availability.

The only other note was at the wonderful GB Garden Restaurant: We are aware of the dress code. Our first dinner there, it was 108 degrees that day. My husband went in shorts, collared shirt and shoes, hoping they'd make an exception. Nope - he had to go back to the room and change. Perfectly understandable until the restaurant let in other diners in shorts! I don't think they were at the hotel and therefore couldn't change but that almost makes it worse. We ate there again during our 2nd visit and still saw gentlemen in shorts for the restaurant area (the bar is more casual). I highly recommend this hotel and restaurant but it would be great if everyone had to adhere to the dress code.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

This is not a 5 star hotel. The food is ok but overpriced compared to what I was getting at the local restaurants. For those prices I expect more. It is a nice looking hotel but just because you call it "Luxury Collection" does not mean 5 star and then charge high rates. I would not stay again at those prices

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank John Z
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Superb spot in the centre of Athens. The spa and rooftop pool were great features that we used heavily during our stay. IMO, very good value for money with everything you look for in an old world luxury hotel in a city.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We had the usual issues of arriving early and not being able to get into room. The young women, welcoming and professional, called housekeeping and relayed to me that room was vacant but had to be cleaned, should be ready in an hour; only concern is that they kept telling me to come back hour after hour, for 3 hours. The front desk lady was apologetic and I told her it isn't her fault, she was relaying the message that her housekeeping gave her, but may be someone should tell housekeeping to do a better job of assessing how quickly their teams can clean a room. Rooms have high ceilings, good size, but probably need a refresh. I would stay her again for 2 reasons, first, the location is awesome . . . easy to walk to everything in Athens and if you want to go exploring other parts of the city the metro is across the street and second, the GB Restaurant on the 8th floor. We had dinner twice during our stay and the food, the service (warm and attentive but not hovering), and the view were all spectacular.

Room Tip: Book an exterior room. Pool is on 7th floor, the restaurant is on 8th.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family