Herodion Hotel(Athens)
US$ 193
US$ 183
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 226/night.

Areos Hotel(Athens)
US$ 102
US$ 79
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 94/night.

Centrotel Hotel(Athens)(Great Value!)
US$ 73
US$ 187
US$ 167
US$ 171
US$ 166
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 212/night.

Attalos Hotel(Athens)
US$ 112
US$ 108
  • Bar/Lounge
US$ 221
US$ 195
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 299/night.

US$ 108
US$ 98
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 132/night.

US$ 668
US$ 646
US$ 479
US$ 417
  • Restaurant
All reviewsomonia squareshampoo and shower gelbad neighborhooddrug dealershotel is locatednever felt unsaferooms are smallclean bathroomnight's sleeptaxi driverrestaurants and barscentral athenslate at nightbusy streetsubway stationimmigrantsmattress
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We loved our stay at Chic Hotel. We couldn't have been happier with the clean, streamlined room, decorated very simply, the extremely helpful staff, which gave us great recommendations for restaurants, and the great continental breakfast spread. There has been a lot of talk on here about the hotel's neighborhood, and it's good to know that the area is a little gritty (as is most of Athens), but we walked to our hotel late at night more than once and had no weird encounters or problems. If you want a great value in Athens, I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kitkat28876
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Stayed in this hotel in September 2011. I was travelling alone so I booked a single room. The room was compact but not too cramped. On first impressions the hotel and rooms look great however, the fixtures and fittings are no better that one would find in a modern Holiday Inn express. The matress was very comfortable but spoiled by the waterproof matress cover. Which although it had a fleece cover I could still feel the crinckle of the waterproof fabric.
The only other piece of furniture in the roon was a very slim wardrobe which was about the width of a filing cabinet. It did have a full legnth mirror which was a plus. 2 triangles of glass fixed to the cornes served as bedside shelves and a larger piece served as a desk with a chair underneath. A small fridge was plonked on the floor next to the cupboard. Completely out of character with the rest of the room.
There was a flat screen TV on the wall and another mirror. No artwork whatsoever. The bathroom was very well done with little bottles of shampoo and shower gel. No tissues, cotton wool or Q tips. Then rooms upon closer inspection need a good clean, the dust and glass marks on my bedside shelf were there when I arrived and still there when I left.
There was nowhere in the hotel to get beverages. No tea or coffee making facilities in the room. So if you wanted to get a hot drink at night you had to go out and face the gangs of junkies and prostitutes and other undesrirables that surrounded the hotel in every direction. These people seemed to possess no threat however and I was never seriously hassled except to be offered drugs or sex. A polite, firm "No thank you!" and they moved on.
I was told that breakfast at the hotel was until 10.30. But found to my dismay that once it was gone. It was gone. I arrived one morning at 9.45 to find 3 pieces of bread left some fruit, yoghurts and not much else. The couple that arrived with me were informed they could have toast and that was it! So make sure you're up early.
The hotel is within 10 minutes walk to all the main tourist sites and restaurants, The staff are very friendly and helpfull. The rooms are OK. The location is a bit scary but once you're used to it, it's fine. All in all with a few little tweaks it could be a great hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2011

The hotel itself is very good and I would recommend it under normal circumstances--nice, newly renovated rooms, very friendly service and very reasonable prices. Nice comfy beds (maybe too soft), modern decor and sleek! (Though it would be good to add some more closet or drawer space!)

Athens is one of the most amazing cities and since 2002 has really seen a new renaissance, but, unfortunately, the current situation in Athens really hurts this hotel--the neighborhood has become far too sordid--by day, the area is tolerable, but by night, prostitutes line one of the backstreets near the hotel and a crowd of drug users fill another--on our way back from a tavern, we saw a woman shooting heroine into her arm in view of everyone!! No one threatened us, but people certainly eyed my camera and a couple of homeless emigrants aggressively asked for euros. I wouldn't recommend the area to women travelers or non-city dwellers.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2011

The hotel itself is very clean. The rooms are small but comfortable.
The staff at the hotel are very helpfull. You recieve a map of the city and directions to whereever you want to go upon arrival.

The hotel is very close to all the main sights and shops also train and bus stations. However the surrouding area is very dangerous and seedy. My friend and I were sort of aware of this but did not think too much of it. However once we arrived we were horrified. It is very scary and dangerous. Do take this very serious even if you are male or travelling with a male companion.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank adnela
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We are currently staying at the the Chic hotel, we came in when the sun went down and won't be out tonight. I won't make apologies, the Monastriki Square is not a safe place to stay. I have read comments from other people who stayed here saying that if you mind your own business and ignore the junkies, prostitutes and other undesirables you will be fine but I have travelled the world and never felt as unsafe as we do here. If it weren't the last day of a long holiday and we were happy to stay in we would have definately moved hotels today.

Last night we had another couple stay with us and we ventured out for a bite to eat at 10pm as the receptionist told us the area was safe(!). I think he was being patriotic about his city to be honest but it was naive to direct us into the heart of Monastraki and in a way dangerous advice. You're really taking a risk by walking these streets. If you have a choice stay in a nice neighbourhood like Kolonaki and save yourself the stress of having to watch your step, your loved ones and keep alert for safety.

At dinner the waitress was horrified to know where we were walking home to (taxis are still on strike). We're a young group too and have seen a lot of dodgy places in the world, Athens really needs some help with getting the central city cleaned up. Please think twice if you are a family.

the shame is it is central and close to many of the historical sites you come to Greece to see, but the metro is pretty good so not a problem to stay out a bit and come on for the day.

The hotel itself is really basic, not much to comment on design but it's clean and value for money- we got a cheap rate on the net. Breakfast is covered, simple but enough to get you going. Forget about the coffee machine though.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in rooms off the main street.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple