All reviews four poster bed stayed longer beautiful setting double sinks coconut milk fruit platter kingfish huge patio memorable holiday rooms are huge boutique hotel curry authentic caribbean views are spectacular his team the trade winds little piece of heaven
Reviewed 10 November 2018

This is without doubt one of our favourite hotels in the Caribbean! Upon arrival we were warmly welcomed by the staff and general manager who knew our names and met us with a beautiful coconut fruit drink. The staff were all extremely friendly and the restaurant very flexible creating different ‘off menu’ dishes for us which were all incredibly tasty and fresh. My husband brought back a fish from the market, a rare impulse buy for him, and it was beautifully prepared that night for our dinner.

The grounds included a rather nice ‘6 hole Cross Country Golf Course’. While it may not rival St. Andrews it was beautifully kept and had spectacular views all round, plus the weather is much warmer than Scotland! The hotel provide balls and clubs and it’s free for guests!

The second day we did a Plantation Tour which was guided by Ezra, who works as a groundman at the hotel as well. Ezra is such a warm personality and fun guide. I truly enjoyed walking through the plantation sampling the fruits and herbs. The scenery was beautiful and it was a relieve to walk in such a quiet and peaceful environment.

The guest rooms are exceptionally large with lovely bathrooms and top quality amenities including bathrobes and his and her sarongs to wear to the pool.
This is not a typically corporate or touristy hotel, the atmosphere is so special that it really felt like home to me. All respect for the general manager Rodney who does a great job here; a true sample of excellent hospitality!

Date of stay: October 2018
2  Thank Melhay2018
Reviewed 14 October 2018

I flew to St Lucia, before getting a small private plane to Bequia. It was a good journey, with great views out of the window looking at St Vincent, sit on the right for the best views! Lots of beautiful pictures were taken! A taxi met me at the airport and took us to the hotel. We were greeted by Rodney and a delicious fruit punch :) We were shown to our room, which had a massive balcony with amazing scenery, again bring a camera! The room was very tidy and nice. Me and friends almost immediately made a visit to the lovely hotel pool, and lounged on the sun beds with a drink! During our stay we looked around the plantation , and saw the lovely dogs. We also played golf , and explored Bequia island. I look foward to my next visit in December with my pals. I also loved the food and friendly staff in the restaurant and bar, and I also had a look at the villas, which I wish I could buy ! I would recommend this place, I had a great time!:)))))))))))))))))

Room tip: Balcony rooms have amazing views across the plantation.
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
FireflyHotelsMB, Manager at Firefly Bequia Plantation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Hi, Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and an even bigger thank you for staying with us at the Firefly. We enjoyed having you and your friends with us and we look forward to your next visit in December.
From Rodney and all the Firefly team

Reviewed 1 February 2018

We thought that the room was lovely, with every luxury that we could want - his and hers showers and washbasins, lovely towels and bed-linen and a comfortable bed. The staff were friendly and very helpful and the restaurant was lovely. The pool was good (although no poolside facilities) and we enjoyed the well-maintained grounds.
Our only criticism would be that the food was not up to the standard of the rest of the hotel. In addition, the beach, being open to the trade winds, is not sheltered and so not great for swimming.

Room tip: All 4 rooms are in the same location with great views.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
FireflyHotelsMB, Manager at Firefly Bequia Plantation Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear David,
Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your comments. We are so glad you stayed with us and enjoyed your time at Firefly.
I'm sorry you felt the food was not as good as it could have been. I will certainly pass this along to the chef as we want to be sure all our customers are valued and happy.
I hope you come back and stay with us again soon.
Best regards from Rodney and all the Firefly team.

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying here for a few nights. The view is amazing over looking the plantation and pool, the food was amazing! And the staff looked after us and made us feel very welcome. Definitely will be coming back.

Date of stay: January 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments.
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at Firefly Bequia, we enjoyed having you.
We look forward to welcoming you back really soon.

Best wishes from Rodney and all the Firefly Bequia team.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

The FireflyOwners operate two boutique hotels on exclusive Mustique and the neighboring island gem Bequia. We had many sunset drinks on the terrace of the Mustique property and liked the charming private home atmosphere. The owner was present and diligently controlling every detail.The Bequia property is very different because it is working plantation with a very pretty modern building for the guest suites which are almost Amanhotel Style, spacious, large bathroom, outdoor shower, terrace and comfortable lounge chairs . The service is impeccable, very friendly and professional , the food is really good and the grounds are beautiful. You get your granola and locally made yoghurt with honey from the plantation bees for breakfast and detox smoothies from home grown vegetables etc. I definitely will come back !

1  Thank amankora

Thank you for your super review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stays at both Firefly Bequia and Firefly Mustique.
We enjoyed having you, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back here again soon.

Best regards from Rodney and all the Firefly team