My Wife, I and Friends stayed a Michaela for 5 nights in May 2012 and it was a fantastic experience. Both of us are travellers and we have been to most corners of the world but Ko Samui and Villa Michaela was an experience worth signing up to tripadvisor and writing a review.
Our Original plan was to pick Villa Mia at the beach but we picked Michaela instead and we and our friends did not regret it.
So what’s good about the place.
- Fantastic Views (Honestly, I have been to many places but the views from this villa was out of this world). The infinity pool was spectacular.
- Miss Nong (The villa manager) was probably the nicest and most professional person that we have ever come across in all our travels. There was no request that was too much or too difficult (and trust you me, we had many requests). Everything was handled with a big smile and immediately. We felt so welcome in Villa Michaela that it was hard to leave and there was tears both from us and the villa staff when we eventually had to leave. We have stayed in other Villas in Thailand but Miss Nong was in a class above everyone else. We just can praise her enough. If we had our own Villa out there then we would for sure try to get her to work for us
- The food. Actually due to the high quality of the cooking in the villa we did not go out a single day for a meal. The decorations and presentation of the food would fit in a 3star Michelin restaurant.
- Masseuse. The lady that was responsible for rubbing our backs was brilliant. All the girls in the group loved her to bits.
- The housekeeping lady was the kindest and most hardworking person in the world. Every night she made beautiful decorations for each bedroom and the center pieces on the dining table.
- The area was quiet and it suited us well as we liked to play a bit of music in the evenings.
- Close to the main beach and Miss Nong did not mind giving us a lift when needed.
It was the simplest things like welcome drinks after our trips when we came back tired that made this such an amazing experience.
We have been to many places in Thailand and Villa Michaela has set a new standard for us that will be very difficult to find somewhere else.
We warmly recommend villa Michaela to anyone who is looking for Villas in Ko Samui.
Let us know if you have any questions
Dan & Kate
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
|Large groups||People with pets|
I know the title sounds a little too flattering, so it may make people wonder if my review is a little over the top.
But even though we may be yet quite young, my friends & I have had a lot of holidays in our lifetime and most of us have been the world over, so I guess you could take this one as seriously as possible.
My friends and I decided to go to Ko Samui for a holiday and this time we decided to rent a villa rather than picking a 5-6 star property like 4 Seasons or Banyan Tree.
We looked quite hard to find the appropriate one, and initially we were more interested in Beach Side properties. But eventually, we had to give up that idea cos there were very few Beach Side Villas in East Ko Samui ( which is the main place to be in if you wanna eat great food and have good clubs - Chaweng ), and the ones that were, were either not available or a little too steep for just 7 people, as we would not make full use of all the bed rooms.
So we started looking for Hill Side ones, and a couple of sites suggested Villa Michaela was one of the best ones in that category and a premium one.
AND I MUST SAY WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED ONE BIT !!!
The staff was excellent, the food was great, the service was 7 star at the least and the estate was just as beautiful in reality as it looked in the pics.
They took care of us like probably a family would and catered to all our needs.
The manager was very helpful and understanding and tried her best to make this a memorable holiday.
The view from the Pool is remarkable and perhaps I would prefer this to even a beach side villa now.
I possibly cannot rate a place higher than what I would rate this one. A definite YES and I strongly recommend everyone this property if you plan to go to Ko Samui.
I am definitely gonna try and plan a trip every 2-3 years and go back to this villa !!!
|Check-in / front desk||Service|
|Young singles||Friends getaway|
|A romantic getaway||People with disabilities|
|Older travelers||Families with young children|
|Families with teenagers||Tourists|
|Large groups||Luxury-minded travelers|