“Insecure but a great location”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Stayed here for 21 days on a business trip, and the hotel was booked through the company. Some of the Belgian momentos and my home currency from my suitcase went missing and the locker was open one day.All of the important stuff were intact.However, somebody had stolen from my room and my suitcase and even checked the locker. Went to complain to the hotel staff and met Alexander and he asked, what will anyone do with them in Belgium.Nobody puts the fridge magnet of belgium in belgium and our staff does not do it.He also mentioned that I can give a police complaint but it would not make much sense. Made me look like a fool for complaining what had happened.I was frustrated and told him, i will give a bad rating just for this incident, he said you cannot 'blackmail' me by using the rating. Didn't have a choice but bought some locks for my suitcase and was living scared and insecure the rest of the days I had to stay there.I also used to take pictures of my belongings, just in case something happened or something went missing. Also, the AC never worked and they provided me with a table fan ( which actually I was fine with)

Room Tip: Get locks to your belongings, if you are leaving your luggage back at the room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
stevendb1, Community Supervisor at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Sudeep,

Thank you for your visit and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We truly regret making you feel uncomfortable when making your complaint to our front desk. This is not the guest experience we want to offer. I won't hesitate to share your feedback with our management so they can investigate what happened. Don't hesitate to contact me directly if you want to give some more feedback regarding your stay.

steven.debolle[at]cpbxl.be

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Crowne Plaza is located near Place Rogier, so offers a good opportunity to explore the city of Brussels from there.
The rooms are well equipped and the service is excellent, and especially the guy ‘fighting’ each morning to get his guests seated in a taxi does an amazing job!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
stevendb1, Community Supervisor at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear Florian,

Thank you for your visit and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I won't hesitate to share your feedback with my colleagues at the front desk. They will be delighted to hear those comments.

On behalf of our entire team I would like to wish you a lot of great future stays and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

The place is nice and central. Personnel well trained and gentle. Breach fast is abundant and vary. Gym is small but enough equipped. vip floor, the 7th, it is definitively better. All in line with a IHG hotel

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
stevendb1, Community Supervisor at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Stefano,

Thank you for your visit and thank you for your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club member. I'm delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. On behalf of our entire team I would like to wish you a lot of great future IHG stays and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Stayed here with my wife for a conference. The room was smaller but very nice and quite. Clean and well appointed. Restaurant is good and the location is graet for walking shops, metro and restaurants.
Recommended.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
stevendb1, Community Supervisor at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Thank you for recommending our hotel icvjames! I'm delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. On behalf of our entire team I would like to wish you a lot of great future trips.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Dated decor, very old and tired feeling. Food at bar is not very good. It will do if you need to eat late or the weather is poor, but nothing to recommend it. Staff was very nice, though. And they have some decent Belgian beers. Location is convenient to get to, but neighborhood is on the edge of the interesting parts of Brussels. You won't suffer here, but there are better business hotels in Brussels in this price range.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
stevendb1, Community Supervisor at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear DiggerNL,

Thank you for your visit and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry to hear your recent stay wasn't up to your expectations. We truly appreciate your comments and I won't hesitate to share them with our management.

On behalf of everyone at Crowne Plaza Brussels - Le Palace I would like to wish you a lot of great future hotel visits and we welcome the opportunity to serve you back again.

Community Supervisor

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
0.5 km away
0.4 km away
Hotel BLOOM!
Hotel BLOOM!
#1 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK