“Good value for money”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace
Reviewed 30 August 2017

I wanted to try this hotel and the Hilton next door, so I booked one night at each. The Hilton was awful. The Crowne Plaza was MUCH better. Firstly the staff : I was greeted as a Platinum member and received (so they said) an upgraded room. The room was tiny, the bathroom was a fair size. All the staff were friendly and more-or-less efficient. At check in I had a short conversation about credit card guarantee holds on cards that hotels are prone to do (mostly wrongly !) and I was told that they, the CP, only ask for a 1 Euro authorisation on a guest's card - just to make sure the card works. In this way, they said, it is SURE that holds on cards will not happen there. Good for them, I thought. Makes a nice change. Everything worked in the room and bathroom. The food was good in the restaurant/bar. The bar was good. Jean d D. and Ilir, the bar staff, were excellent : friendly and efficient. After his evening service, Frédéric the head chef came into the bar for a quick drink before heading home and he too was very friendly. Breakfast was reasonable if not memorable. ALL the staff we met were a great advertisement for their hotel. A good stay. Reasonable prices. A hotel to go back to, no worries ! For a short stay (due to the size of the rooms - the "normal" rooms, I was told, are even smaller !) I would recommend this hotel. For longer stays, rooms may start to get a bit claustrophobic. Nevertheless, one of the better Crowne Plazas, I would say. Quiet, clean, relaxed atmosphere (except when coach parties return back after their days out - when the hotel temporarily resembles a football stadium, both in noise and crowd levels, but this is, as I said, only temporary. Looking forward to returning to this hotel. (P.S. Upon check out, I gave them the credit card I wanted to use - not the same one in my profile, which they had blocked for 1 Euro - and they debited the card, correctly with the amount due. When I got back home, I saw that the credit card they had on file had 2 guarantees against it : the 1 Euro I was told about PLUS the complete bill that had already been debited on another card. So, in effect, I paid twice. Of course, the whole amount was re-credited to my account but this took, as usual, about 21 days. A real pain but, I must say, par, it seems, for most hotels... they seem to be incapable of doing it right - so long as they get their money they don't seem to worry about anything else. It's not too big a deal unless one if on travels which last 2 or 3 weeks, in a different hotel each day, when credit card guarantees and "double debiting", on different cards or even on the same card when the original authorisation number, at check in, is not used to check out, can add up to many thousand of Euros and can, occasionally, render a credit card useless until re-credits start trickling in a few weeks later.)

Room Tip: Book at least a superior room - which are still quite small but slightly bigger than the normal room...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alsithy
stevendb1, Community Supervisor at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear alsithy,

Thank you for your visit and thank you for your loyalty as a Platinum Elite IHG Rewards Club member. It's great to see you recommend our hotel. Nevertheless, please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you've suffered due to the guarantees. Rest assured, on the hotel side, we only charged one card. The pre-authorisation is a security guarantee and the funds are not held by the hotel, but by your issuing bank. The bank should automatically release the pre-authorisation.

On behalf of our entire team I would like to wish you a lot of great future IHG stays and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Community Supervisor

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Thank you to the staff for a wonderful few days. On arrival the staff were so friendly and helpful. They think if everything...toiletries if you've forgotten, an apple to munch in as you leave....

The room was excellent and clean. We stayed in executive and it was very comfortable. The hallways are magnificent and lovely to think that it was the original building of the surrounding ones. Steeped with history.

Thank you to you all for a fabulous birthday stay!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
stevendb1, Community Supervisor at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you for the great review 17Dolly22. And congratulations on your birthday! I'm thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Brussels - Le Palace. On behalf of our entire team I would like to wish you a lot of great future birthdays and I hope to welcome you back again soon in Brussels!

Reviewed 25 August 2017

This is a well placed bright and lovely hotel right in the heart of the business district and city center of Brussels. We received a very warm welcome by the front desk team with a special mention to the charming Michael and lovely Mannon. A nicely laid out hotel with a great restaurant a lovely bar. It is a good efficient Hotel if you have an issue let the wonderful staff on the front desk know and it will be resolved, especially with the superb Staff there. I had no issues but I just know that this would be the case if you did. They all speak at least English, French and Dutch and are charming.

Being a IHG Spire Elite Rewards club member, a program that is free to join and gives you the best rate when booking online. I was given a lovely room upgrade to a suite. They are not required to give fruit or chocolates this is usually reserved for Ambassadors at InterContinentals, but they delivered a lovely gift with a welcome card and it was a great touch. 756 is a lovely suite overlooking the Botanic Gardens opposite. It has a great lounge room, superb bedroom the bed, firm but with a nice pillow top. I prefer feather pillows and they were very nice here. A wonderful bathroom, It is bright like a diamond. Very sparkly tiles and had a great sized bath, separate shower and all and plenty of the amenities you could need.

An ambient temperature is kept by very good air conditioning, the rooms are very clean and well kept by an efficient house keeping, with the rooms made up brilliantly everyday. The curtains in the room are block out, so a sleep in is possible, the amenities amongst the very best, with a stocked mini bar, but space for your own things if need be. I enjoyed my stay very much and the restaurant for dinner was superb. The breakfast room is on the ground floor it has a good selection. All sorts of hot foods and good variety of eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms and much much more. Cold hams, meats, cheeses, yogurts, fruits and good variety of juices and teas and coffees. The service is quick and efficient.

A good central location to many fine stores, department stores, shops, business district and walking distance to the Palace, the Grand place and many speciality chocolatiers. The team here are good at welcoming guests, react to your requests and needs, so what you have is a well run hotel. I really enjoyed this hotel. It is built in the art nouveau style, and the reception and foyer areas are still beautifully preserved this way. I will certainly stay at this hotel again when in Brussels.

Room Tip: Internet is free
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club member and thank you for leaving your feedback on TripAdvisor as well. Once again thank you for the great feedback! We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 24 August 2017

beautiful, comfortable hotel, and strategic location. Walking distance for all the near by attraction and boutique such as Grand Place of Brussels and etc. 1-2 minutes walking distance from and to metro station.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
stevendb1, Community Supervisor at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Thank you for the great feedback Hungjuinjie! It's great to read you enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Brussels - Le Palace. On behalf of our entire team I would like to wish you a lot of great future visits and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel, we loved the place. They have a nice restaurant and bar with delicious food, and amazing draft beer. The breakfast is generous and tasty too. The rooms are spacious only a bit old. The staff are so friendly and they guided us in the city. Facing the hotel there is a nice botanical garden. Unlucky for us it was bit rainy and yet we loved our stay. Close also to the metro station. We had nice city view, they also put some chocolate with drinks to welcome us in the room.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
stevendb1, Community Supervisor at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear AbyHN,

Greetings from the whole team at the Crowne Plaza Brussels - Le Palace.

Thank you for your visit and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I'm delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. On behalf of everyone in the hotel, I would like to wish you a lot of great future travels and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Community Supervisor

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
0.5 km away
0.4 km away
Hotel BLOOM!
Hotel BLOOM!
#1 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK