2,240 results
All reviews the grand place art deco junior suite quiet room minute walk rogier metro station business hotel mini bar gare du hotel is located city centre shopping area convenient location coffee machine an upgrade enjoyed my stay botanical gardens
Reviewed 24 September 2014

This hotel sits atop Rogier Plein Metro with good connections to anywhere across Brussels;there has been construction going around the hotel for over 10 years but this doesn't really impact on your stay once you are in the hotel. The hotel was renovated a couple of years ago and now resembles the building originally on the site and reflecting all things Art Deco. I would recommend booking a Junior Suite as these rooms have more space and a better view ( of the nearby Botanical Gardens or over the City). It is certainly a hike to reach the medieval heart of Brussels-Grand Place, but if you like to shop there is a shopping centre opposite the hotel. Around the hotel there are many restaurants and bars. The hotel staff speak good English and are friendly and helpful; a bar adjoining the restaurant is plush yet comfortable with reasonable prices. An extensive breakfast can be delivered to the room for a few Euros extra, with no expensive service and delivery charge as is the norm in the USA and UK.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2014

We had stayed 2 previous nights at a hotel further out for business, but wanted to be closer to downtown so we moved to the Crown Plaza. We are platinum IHG members and were greeted with a thank you by the front desk staff. We arrived before the room was ready, so they checked us in and we left our bags. Downtown is about a 15 minute walk. There is a lot of construction going on around the hotel, but that didn't seem to be loud. You do hear a fair amount of sirens though since the hotel sits on a busy street. Because we are platinum members we were given a room on the 7th floor and they talked about the free mini bar in the room. When we returned that night we checked out the mini bar and I must say 1 water, 1 coke and 1 beer does not a mini bar make. They talked it up at reception, but seriously they shouldn't say anything. Just left us feeling like the hotel is cheap and can't afford anything more.
The room itself is interesting with character. A place we would normally really enjoy. Unfortunately that character came with a few issues. I understand it's an older hotel, but I read it had just undergone a renovation, so that fact that our bathroom door wouldn't close all the way was a bit of a surprise. Also the day we were leaving I had taken a shower and washed my hair. It was then that i realized that the hair dryer also wasn't working. I called down for one and they never came. The outlet in the bathroom didn't really work. I have 220v curling iron, but couldn't get it hot. I moved it to another outlet in the room and that was worked fine. The bed was ok, had enough pillows. The TV although a great picture, the remote was difficult to use. Had to almost be standing in front of the TV for it for work. Wifi seemed to work well
The breakfast was pretty standard. A few hot things, cereal, meats, cheeses, fruit, bread etc.
We had a late check-out because of our platinum status, but when we returned to the room an hour before check-out, our room cards wouldn't work. Frustrating. We enjoyed Brussels, and we will back again, but will probably give another IHG hotel a chance.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
rm_hurkmans, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2014

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Also for filling out the IHG Guest Questionnaire and for being a loyal Platinum IHG Reward Club member. We use this constructive feedback in our journey to become better, every single day. It looks like we missed several opportunities to make your stay right. I'm really sorry for the inconveniences you experienced and I apologise for that. I hope we are able to show you that we've learned from it, next time you're back in town. You can contact me directly (rogier.hurkmans@cpbxl.be).
Kindest regards
Rogier M. Hurkmans
Managing Director

Reviewed 21 September 2014

Originally built in 1908 & recently renovated. It's about 600m from the Brussels Nord train station. We had a very comfortable room with king bed & ample closet/storage space. The laminate floor was a nice addition. Room amenities included iron & ironing board, kettle with selection of tea/coffee/hot chocolate, fridge, safe, lots of power outlets & large flat panel TV (66 multinational channels-some English). The climate control system worked well. The bathroom was fully equipped with hair dryer, make-up mirror & cleaning accessories. The waste bin has three compartments-yellow for paper; blue for plastics, glass & cans; Gray for garbage. There is a small fitness centre & a spa but we didn't have the opportunity to check them out. A nice welcome feature is cold water as you enter the lobby and also a small cooler of snacks & beverages, payable at reception. As usual in our travels, staff here were very accommodating and helpful. The only complaint is the air freshening used throughout the hotel. It can be overwhelming for some in the common areas.

1  Thank conscom
Reviewed 20 September 2014

The hotel lobby and commons areas and my room were all very clean. Drawer and closet space was limited, but adequate. The bathtub was so narrow, it was hard to stand to take a shower, but the rest of the bathroom was spacious enough. Our view was only of an interior courtyard with other rooms all around.
The breakfast buffet was the same each day, but with a good deal of variety, so I did not have to eat the same things. The food was restocked when it ran low, so the service seemed ok.
Our bill had a couple of errors. Luckily, we checked it on the TV the day before check-out, so were able to get the errors corrected without a last minute panic during check-out. I would suggest you check your bill ahead of time, especially if you have a schedule to keep on the day of check-out.
A metro station is a couple of minutes walk away, which is very convenient, but Grand Place is a 15-20 minute walk away down streets that seemed to be deserted except for us and some questionable types after 9 PM. If you have a late evening out, try to come back on the metro or with a group.
The concierge was helpful when needed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
rm_hurkmans, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

Many thanks for staying with us and for writing this review. I'm sorry that you experienced errors on your bill. This is not how we want things to run, when you're with us. Your experiences are shared with our Team. We're dedicated to learn from it and grow ourselves, as this is what we're aiming for. It would be great to have you back with us again in the future.
Kindest regards
Rogier M. Hurkmans
Managing Director

Reviewed 18 September 2014

The staff was very helpful and went out of their way to make your stay comfortable. We were upgraded for only 10 Euros a day which was reccommended when we checked in. They were very helpful when we booked tours.