2,243 results
All reviews the grand place art deco junior suite quiet room minute walk rogier metro station business hotel mini bar gare du hotel is located city centre shopping area convenient location coffee machine an upgrade enjoyed my stay botanical gardens
Reviewed 15 March 2012

The breakfast was lack lustre, but overall the hotel was very comfortable. I stayed for two days for a conference (also in the hotel) and the staff and lunch catering were very good. The hotel is located beside an extensive shopping centre and many good shopping streets so there was plenty to entertain. It was a welcome change from the familiar and bland EU district. The TV also had a wide selection of TV channels and thankfully not all of them were news related. The only criticism of the rooms was that they got very warm at night, even with AC on and the hair dryer was truly awful.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
ericvandalsum, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear Becca,
Many thanks for your review and I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your constructive comments regarding the room temperature and hair dryer have been discussed with the relevant departments to avoid this happening again.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I was here due to visiting EP offices. Location is great and rooms are excellent. There are great shopping options just across the street. Only the bar staff was a bit slower comparing to my previous visits.I certainly come next time!

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear LukeKucera,
Many thanks for your review of the Crowne Plaza Brussels-Le Palace. Nice to read that you enjoy staying with us! We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Brussels.
With best regards,

Reviewed 29 February 2012

This hotel is in a very central location, a short stroll from the metro. Everything was very efficient and the check-in staff were friendly. However, my sleep was interrupted by very strange sounds from the toilet in the middle of the night. When I got up to investigate, I found that the water in the toilet bowl was moving and full of broken up tissue paper, as if someone was attempting to fix a blockage elsewhere in the system. I had an early start and didn't want to switch rooms, so I didn't report it.

I was disappointed by the breakfast - at over €150 for the night, I'd be hoping for warm eggs that I didn't have to boil myself, which was an option. The scrambled eggs looked to be more water than eggs and the selection of cheese/cold meats wasn't great for the price. Quite disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
ericvandalsum, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your comments and wish to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. Your constructive comments have been discussed with my management team in order to avoid this happening again. We hope that we will be able to welcome you back at our hotel in future and with best regards,
Eric van Dalsum - General Manager

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed at Crowne Plaza for three nights as the conference I was attending was also held there. I must say that it has been a while since I have had such a pleasant hotel experience. The room was spaceous, clean, I wasn't disturbed by any noise and most importantly- the bed was very comfortable. But my biggest compliments must go to the hotel staff! They really seemed to care for their guests which usually is not common at bigger hotels. Since the conference organisers had scheduled quite a number of coffee breaks, I couldn't help but notice work of the catering staff too. Again, very professional and discreetly attentive, especially someone who appeared to be the restaurant/catering manager (unfortunately didn't catch his name).

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mona111

Dear Mona,
I wish to thank you for your very nice comments on our staff and service delivery!
Rest assured that I have passed on your comments to the staff concerned and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon!
With very best regards,

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights during a recent trip to Belgium. Overall, I would give it 3.5 stars, but since I have to choose, I am leaning towards 3.

Good:

-Staff. Staff were generally very friendly and helpful. The staff at the concierge desk (basically the regular front desk staff) were very helpful in helping me make a dinner reservation one night and were very pleasant.

-Location. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the Brussels Nord train station and has the Rogier metro stop RIGHT in front of the hotel. Great location for getting around the city and country. Now, there is not a TON of stuff right in the immediate area of the hotel, so food at night is a little tough, but you can get around easily.

-Breakfast. The included breakfast is pretty decent although it gets tiresome after a few days, as it is always the exact same. A few different juices, a variety of cheeses and cold cuts, and some hot items like rice and bacon. Some variety would have been nice though, and some items like potatoes also would have been nice.

-Bed. The bed is my room was pretty comfy and soft.

-Water. Free bottle of water in the room that was replaced every day. Very nice.

Bad:

-Business center internet. We tried to use the business center internet every day of our stay and none of the computers worked right. The internet on all of them just did NOT work. It took me 10 minutes to even load my email. VERY irritating.

-Room. The room was small and tired looking. The hotel itself just seems old and worn on the inside for the most part. The shower was extremely small and I could scarcely stand up straight in it, as it was so narrow.

-Amenities. No conditioner? Really? What kind of 4 star hotel does not have or offer conditioner bottles in the shower for its guests? No CNN. The TV said it has CNN on channel one, but it was Eurosport. I know it is silly, but I get used to having CNN when I travel and it seems like a basic thing to have in a 4 star hotel. Bathroom itself was fairly large but had a small sink and not that much counter space.

-AC/Heating. The room would not cool down unless we opened the window. Basically if we turned the thermostat down all the way, it kept going.

Overall, it was a good stay and the hotel was satisfactory. Honestly, I just cannot say it is a 4 star hotel. It was a comfortable, clean and safe hotel that was good enough, but it was not luxurious by any means and I would not pay 200+ euros a night for it, but for the price I paid, I was pleased. Overall I think this is not a super expensive hotel generally. As I said, 3.5 stars if I could give that.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple