“Very nice, wouldn't stay again.”
Review of Hotel BLOOM!

Hotel BLOOM!
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Very nice, wouldn't stay again.”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Not quite the 500m from the station that it claims. Once they had decided that an email confirmation finally was enough not to have to pay again for the room, the 25 minute check in was complete.

Rooms were nice clean and modern. Staff were smiley but clueless. Were told the bar was open until midnight so we decided to go back to the hotel early for a night cap (10.30) it was closed. A lot of things you would expect a quality hotel to offer as standard seemed to come at a cost.

Quite a way out from the city but close to the knocking shop.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sirsidneyruffdiamond
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Goettingen, Germany
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights, the hotel is close to Gare Central and city center (we walked from Gare Central for about 10 minutes untill we reached the hotel - straight ahead untill the Finance Tower, than turn right, cross the street on your left side and the hotel is right in front of you). Paid 75 euro/ double room/ night. I have to say that before I started my trip I read all kind of negative comments which worried me, such as that Brussels is a city of crime and that the hotel area is bad... well, all I can say is that I have to stop beliving everything I read. I did not feel unsafe in Brussels, not even for a moment. Yes there may be pick-pockets, as in every other city in the world, obviously you have to take care of your belongings everywhere you go. And all the beggars are around the Gallerie Hubert anyway - city center :)) Otherwise we did not experienced any kind problems at all. Brussels is a city where you can go on your holiday, if you want to visit it, and a city in which you can also live (it is not as crowded as Paris for example). The hotel was ok, we had a large room with nice design, clean bathroom, AC and a small fridge. Also coffe machine (but we did not used it). The room had a view to the back side of the hotel, which was good because I think the front side was noisy - as it faces the street. I would not reccomend the Smoods restaurant downstairs, the glasses are really dirty (like they were not even washed), in our drinks we had a lemon with a sticker on it and the food is not so great. I found the area around the hotel relatively normal. We only walked there in order to go to the hotel or from the hotel untill city center/ bus station or metro station or to visit the Botanical Garden, but I have to admit that I did not go out at night as I prefer to visit the cities where I travel on day time.
Plus: large and clean rooms, with nice design, free acces to the fitness center (8th floor), close to Gare Central and city center, close to metro station (Botanique), bus and tram station (tram 92 and 94).
Minus: bad food and dirty glasses (at Smoods), not one of the best areas (for those who expect a residential area).

If I ever come back in Brussels, I would stay at another hotel closer to city center, just for another experience.

That being said, I hope you enjoy your stay here :)

PS: I would also reccomend you to visit Brugge for a day (you take the train from Gare Central, the journey takes about an hour to get there, costs 15 EURO - with return, and the city of Brugge is just beautiful). In Brussels you only need 3 days to visit it anyway, more time and you may get bored :))

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank livelaughlove2012
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Have stayed in Bloom twice. It is quite a strange hotel - weird design at lobby, conference area, the rooms. The area is not very good.
Have some complains from the heating during both of the stays (in January for two concequtive years).
The food was also quite strange.
Overall - if the business meeting are not taking place there - i will try not to revisit it!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Wandering Brit
Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

I have used this hotel regularly almost since it first opened. Until recently the Bloom has always been my first choice. However over the last 18 months or so I have got somewhat more dissatisfied with number of changes. When I first started to stay WiFi was completely free - now it is free only for the first 60MB then you have to pay. This is frustrating as I always work the evening before my meetings and often need to transfer quite large files. In addition I download mybEnglish newspaper to read during the day. As itbusually uses up my 60MB it means it is avert expensive newspaper! The hotel provides a nice Senseo coffee machine in the room but only provide one regular and one decaf coffee. If you want any more you have to buy them. As neither I nor my wife drink decaf it means we always have to buy at least one more. Also the parking at €25 per night for guests is rather steep particularlybasvtheybadvertise free parking to visitors to the restaurant! All in all it has started to feel a little mean-spirited. I'd rather pay an extra €5-10 euro and have the facilities for free - it would feel like a better deal!
And ibagreecwith other reviewers that the bathrooms do now need attention.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Roxy B, Manager at Hotel BLOOM!, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear Snyber,
we started limiting our internet access to limit abuses from neighbours and the 5 euro we charged for 24h unlimited internet went to our Dare To Explore Foundation to support SOS Childrens Villages. However, as we have noticed guests really appreciated free and uncomplicated wifi, we have made it FREE again for all guests, you can just ask a code at the reception desk!
The bathrooms are being renovated as we speak. This project, to refurbish 305 rooms, will be finished by the end of the year. We do hope to see you back again at BLOOM!
Warm sunny regards
Sheffield
Reviewed 18 July 2012 via mobile

A long walk from the city centre + not in the best area. Got a good deal on the room but parking (€25/day) & breakfast were too expensive. Room/bathroom very stylish + clean. Recommended if location not an issue.

• Stayed June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
3.0 km away
Motel One
#26 of 199 in Brussels
1.2 km away
Ibis Brussels off Grand Place

Been to Hotel BLOOM!? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

Additional Information about Hotel BLOOM!

Property: Hotel BLOOM!
Address: Rue Royale 250, Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Brussels 1210, Belgium
Region: Belgium > Brussels > Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
#1 Luxury Hotel in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
#1 Romantic Hotel in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
#1 Best Value Hotel in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Price range (per night): ₹ 3,104 - ₹ 10,903
Hotel Class:4 star — Hotel BLOOM! 4*
Hotel BLOOM! is a unique hotel in the heart of Brussels where no two rooms are alike. Each light-filled room is decorated with a unique hand painted fresco created by a young European artist. You can pick a room to your own taste. From sober to crazy: the choice is all yours.Whether you’re here to work or to have fun, at BLOOM! you will immediately feel a creative vibe that will inspire you and bring you new ideas. Stay with us and live a unique experience. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel BLOOM! reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Bloom Hotel Brussels