“No hyperbole in calling it amazing”

Cantinho Do Avillez - Porto
Ranked #233 of 2,108 Restaurants in Porto
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cantinho do Avillez restaurant in Oporto welcomes you with a natural blend of the traditional and the modern. Quality is the priority with Chef Jose Avillez, and so nothing is left to chance. The cuisine, largely Portuguese inspired, is nevertheless influenced by travels abroad. The menu offers a wide choice of appetizers, "pregos" (steak sandwiches), entrees, main dishes and desserts, so that the gastronomic experience can be different at each visit. The service, which is pleasant and informal, contributes to the cheerful and relaxed ambiance.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Have you ever had one of those meals that was so good you had to sit down after leaving the restaurant to bask in its glory? Maybe not, but that was certainly my experience at this restaurant. Give this place a shot. You won't regret it.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The Cantinho in Porto delivers the amazing Avillez experience flawlessly. The dishes are impeccable, the flaked cod is divine. Make sure to leave room for dessert. The JA wines are great choices! Kind, friendly and amazingly helpful waiting staff. Five stars plus!!!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This is recommended in my guidebook and is close to the place where I stayed, so I went to check it out. It's a Tuesday evening and I could get a table quickly. The staff (a lady) serving me was very polite. I ordered scallops with portobello mushrooms and rice, and a white wine (I told them what wine I liked and asked for their recommendation). The scallops were nice although the rice was a bit too salty for me. The wine was good. For the cover, the bread and butter were nice. Overall the dining experience was very good. Prices are not cheap though.
Could go again next time in Porto.

1  Thank ayAroundTheWorld
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Dinner with the family has never been this good. From the service to the food, nothing could be faulted. Of the 31 countries I visited and 100s of restaurants, this was one of my best. I was surprised that I was able to get a booking at such short notice and that the prices were so reasonable. The restaurant is under rated. I can definitely recommend this one. Enjoy!

1  Thank Oliviersfour
Reviewed 27 March 2018

We booked this restaurant for our final night in Porto as we had previously dined in 'Bairro do Avillez' in Lisbon, twice on one holiday as we thought it so good. This was to be our final treat so to speak.

It was a Saturday night and the place was full to capacity.

The food was just ok and the service all felt a bit hectic. One of our starters was forgotten but no biggie as we were sharing two.

The menu at Cantinho is not as exciting as the one at Bairro, Lisbon, but I suppose that’s a long way to go for a 'Spicy Horse Mackerel Cone’ eh?

The price we paid, whilst not extravagant was on a par with other eateries in the area, that we felt delivered superior food and a more relaxed dining experience overall.