“very good...”

Ranked #11 of 106 Hotels in Porto
milano
“very good...”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I have been several times in this hotel and during my last stay I really realized how good it is. The hotel is well kept, the rooms are big and despit being not that cosy, really homely.
The bathroom is big having both the shower and the bathub. The breakfast is great altought is a bit expensive (22€). both the gym and the spa are very good. the only poitn is that you still have to pay to use the internet wifi connection!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
SheratonPortoHotel, General Manager at Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear Guest,

We do thank you for your comments and we are very pleased to learn that you have had a very good experience at our property.
We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in a near future.

Manuel Diéguez
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 June 2012

The Sheraton was selected for me and my husband as he was playing at a nearby music festival, so it wasn't anything I booked on my own. My first thought after staying at several two star hotels all over France/Spain was "Oh, a Sheraton...finally a nice hotel", but I wasn't expecting the level of service and comfort we received. It's not that I don't have a basis for comparison--if we are not touring with a band and are traveling as couple, we tend to stay at nice hotels like the W/Intercontinental/etc. so I do know what it's like to have a plush room and good service.

The staff is warm and welcoming, the rooms are spacious and have really great bathrooms (I love a tub big enough for two!), and the spa is a wonderful retreat. I had one of the better massages of my life there and afterwards further unwound in a salt sauna that made me feel unbelievably relaxed yet clear minded. The breakfast was extensive and well-stocked and it just felt like a real vacation the moment I walked into the lobby.

Though it's not in a super exciting part of town, it was either a cheap cab or better yet, a short jaunt on the clean, efficient metro to any part of Porto you'd like to visit.

Muito obrigada Sheraton! I'll be back.

(PS - I checked the rates online just to see what we would have paid had it not been part of the festival hospitality and I was shocked to see how affordable this hotel is. I would have expected to be about 80-100 dollars more a night for the level of finishes/service.)

Room Tip: Hotel rooms on the backside might be a little quieter. There is a neighbor dog across the street who...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank westonworld
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your last stay at the Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa.
Such comments certainly help us in motivating our staff and, more importantly, assist us to provide a more personal and efficient service.
We are happy to learn that you have fully enjoyed our property.
We do look forward to be welcoming you in a not too distant future.

With my very best regards,
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 7 June 2012

The Sheraton Porto is probably one of the nicest Sheratons I have ever stayed at and I have stayed at quite a few. The hotel is very modern and the staff is very welcoming. The breakfast buffet had just about anything you could ask for and the club lounge was nice, open late and has an outdoor deck where you can catch the sunset.

The only downfall was the location. My husband and I walked for what seemed like forever before getting to the center of town. If you are going to Porto to site-see and like to walk, this may not be the right place for you. If you don't mind taking a cab or the metro, it is a great hotel at which to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are glad to learn that you have enjoyed your experience at our Hotel, namely the breakfast and club lounge.
We do look forward to be welcoming you in a not too distant future.

With my very best regards,
Paris, France
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

In desperate need of a break I booked a couple of nights in the Sheraton Porto knowing exactly what to expect having spent a fab few days there last year.  Unfortunately this time around my experience was far from 5-star...
I spent my first night being horribly sick after dining in the New Yorker bar.  When I tried to ring for room service to bring me water and to report I was ill the phone next to the bed didn't work.  And to top it all off, as I was recovering, asleep in bed, the door popped open and in walked a guy rolling his suitcase behind him - they'd checked him into my room in error! Asa single female traveller I was sick, scared, and shocked.  Everyone was very apologetic but that didn't make me feel any better or safer; this is an inexcusable error. My trip was ruined once and for all with no effort to compensate me. Shameless service on their part.

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank kris10Paris_France
SheratonPortoHotel, General Manager at Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 June 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments.
Following your contacts with Jessica, we are delighted to know that you have accepted to return to Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa and be able to experience the true quality of our services.

Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

Overall good hotel although initially gave us a smoking room, changed later. Lovely restaurant with good food. Reception staff very helpful. Was disappointed with spa though as they charge you for every time you want to use the pool and sauna which I have never done in a Sheraton before! They have 8 treatment rooms but if there are two of you or more you can't have a massage at same time so waste a lot if time ! The hot spa was nice though. Really have to think about when to use spa if want to use everything! Not near many restaurants had to get cab or metro everywhere.

• Stayed May 2012
SheratonPortoHotel, General Manager at Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, we apologize for the fact that initially we gave you a smoking room.

We would also like to thank you for having taken the time to post your comments, a valuable contribution to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Please note that the daily fee you mentioned is for accessing all the Spa facilities and not merely the pool. We suggest that, in your next stay with us, you book the Spa treatments in advance.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon at our property,