“Location before all”
Review of Cafe do Cais

Cafe do Cais
Ranked #1,094 of 1,947 Restaurants in Porto
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Great location as you can admire in peace Douro River, Dom Luis Bridge and watch the promenade of the tourists. A little bit expensive for the quality of food and the service they offer. My advice is to go there during the day, not to eat but have a drink and enjoy the landscape!

Reviewed 1 March 2018

This restaurant is in a great position and I’m sure this will always be certain. The food, well I’m not sure, maybe we chose the wrong dishes for us, I don’t know. To start we had cod fish balls, 7 for 7.50e, very tasty but so tiny, overpriced, misto salad 6e, huge and it was very good, mixed breads, not sure of price but was ok. The real let down was the francesinhas, 14e with fries, but wasn’t too keen on the overall flavour and didn’t finish the plate. The total cost of the meal was about 60e for two including drinks which was ok, but it has certainly put me off francesinhas.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Perfect location with view of Douro River with jazz music playing in the background. We came here three separate times to enjoy the environment with drinks. We enjoyed Super Bock’s Selection 1927 IPA, which was 4.50 euros per glass but worth it!

Reviewed 19 February 2018

I was here with a couple of friends for what was my last night. I understand that because of the location, you can charge a little bit more on food. However, the quality should follow suit. My soup and wine were nice, however.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

This is a vibrant restaurant to visit for lunch or dinner!! Food is fabulous, you are greeted by a beautiful hostess that makes you feel so welcome, she is knowledgeable and very friendly!! Porto is a must visit and this restaurant sitting on the Douro is a must! Take in a glass of port as the sun goes down! Its a sight not to be missed!