“Best sandwiches in town! ”
Review of Casa Guedes

Casa Guedes
Ranked #72 of 2,051 Restaurants in Porto
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: An excelent to eat in between locals and as a local in Porto. It has one of the most amazing sandwiches in town. All in all an excelent place to discover portuguese typical products, ham, chorizo, portuguese cheese, wine, etc.
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

I could not believe how tasty their sandwiches were and great sangria! We stumbled upon this place by accident and we could not have been more pleased.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

This place had been recommended as a great place for lunch in Porto by a variety of sources and it did not dissapoint.

Being English it was quite difficult to communicate in the quaint but busy restaurant, so it was a case of point at a beer and sandwich and then wait.

I ordered a hot pork and cheese sandwich but on first look I thought I'd had the wrong order and it was a numbering system to collect your food, confusing when you don't speak the language! So I tried to say I had the wrong order but turns out it was right, the cheese was just hiding under the mountain of pork, and for my troubles I got a piece of crackling! Winner.

The meat was tender, the crackling provided a devine texture when put inside the sandwich, all in all the best pork sandwich we had whilst in Porto. (We had a lot!)

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

A friend back home recommended this place so we decided to give it a try. It is located right at the Praça Poveiros off the center of town and about a 20-minute walk from our hotel. It is a local sandwich shop with lots of locals! There is a counter and a few tables around it so be prepared to wait a little for a space, but trust me, it is well worth the wait! We cued in line for about 20 mins and ordered a Roasted Pork and Queijo sandwich and a Ham sandwich as well as a Cider and a Beer. Both sandwiches were awesome, specially the Roasted Pork one. This place is a must!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

If it was not for TA, you would never know about this place, and even if you did happen to walk past it, you would not give it a second look. It’s small, efficient, typically Portuguese.... so basically, they cook hunks of pork, carve it thinly and store it in some kind of porky, greasy, flavoured ‘stock’. Stick it on a prego roll, slap on some sheeps milk cheese and ‘hey presto’, possibly one of the best sandwiches you’ve ever tasted! OK, so it may not be Michelin starred, or perhaps even a hygiene rating of 5, but go, sit back and take in the splendour of local fayre at its best.

1  Thank Rachael1973
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Heard so much about this place, and everything I heard was so true... those sandwiches are soooo tasty... it is impossible to eat only one. Had the Roasted Pork Sandwich with Soft Cheese, and I have no words to describe it. The bread is nice and warm, soft, and the pork was full of flavours, tastes amazing with the soft cheese. With a beer on the side, you don't need anything else. Wish I had one more day on my vacation to visit this place again!!