“Good food, not so inviting price”
Review of Toscano

Toscano
Reserve with
Toscano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #542 of 1,835 Restaurants in Porto
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: "Nenhuma descrição poderá efetivamente fazer jus à qualidade deste magnifico "Ristorante". Para todos os apreciadores de gastronomia Italiana e de ambientes de requinte e conforto, este é local que não podem perder quando visitarem a cidade Invicta!
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

This is an amazing traditional Italian restaurant. The service is amazing, everyone is so nice!
The food is absolutely delicious and you should try the spice olive with bread!
I had the lasagna and it was simply amazing.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

We had had a big lunch so we're looking for somewhere to have a light dinner. While they were a bit off-hand at first, we went on to have a lovely dinner. The service was great, and their English was very good, which made it easier.

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Fantastic tiny restaurant which has been in business for more than 25 years.
Live piano playing Thursday, Friday and Saturday. A bit of classic and some classics from the movies. Not loud just extremely atmospheric and romantic.

Good menu and great, attentive service without being claustrophobic.

Diverse and good wine menu.

Best spaghetti carbonara since I went to Rome 5 years ago. And sadly I have had a lot of bad ones before this great one at Toscano.

Recommended by the locals and now by me!!

PS. Menu is on a record. Fun little detail.

Reviewed 20 September 2016

If you are craving for an Italian meal in Porto, Toscano is the place for you. Not far from the Boavista traffic circle this small restaurant offers great Italian plates. Afonso and Ricardo go out of their way to make your visit a memorable one. Let Ricardo chose the wine for you because he loves doing it. Most importantly, the food is great. We ate there twice and tasted the gnocchi, veal parmigiana, cannelloni, all good. They are not know for take out pizza but they will prepare one if you ask nicely.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

We booked this restaurant through something called "the fork" that at least claimed to be associated with tripadvisor. We received two confirmations - one by email, one by SMS. We arrived at the restaurant to be told by the waiter (I think - my portuguese is not so good) that we did not have a reservation and to wait till he went out the back. We did so even though they had tables for two empty and another couple offered us their table as they were leaving. What I assume was the manager appeared, asked us in English to go outside with him, refused to look at my phone confirmation of the booking and confirmed that we had no reservation.

I can half understand if this is all a scam that tripadvisor knows mothing about but I DO NOT accept that the man could not have simply offered us one of the empty tables and served us anyway. He did not, prefering to embarrass us before the whole restaurant. We left.