2,286 results
All reviews concierge staff duplex suite astoria restaurant beautiful hotel the main square former palace the river train station perfect location five star hotel the heart of the city beautiful room breakfast buffet douro valley high ceilings loved this hotel restaurant recommendations
Reviewed 28 March 2018

For anyone coming to tour Porto, this hotel has to be the most desired:
1. The best location - right in the centre and really close to everything in the Old Town - and I mean it, not walking a few million steps to reach the site of your interest
2. Next to the Sao Bento Station - literally one minute away on foot
3. Well run Intercontinental Hotel and thus setting the standards
4. Efficient and well-mannered staff
A room for improvement, though, is the cappuccino offered at breakfast. Yes, I know it is Portugal (not Italy), but they can really make it better.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is incredible. Starting with the location that is right in the center of everything, to the rooms that are big, comfortable and nicely decorated, and most of all the incredible staff! Beginning with the staff at check-in, to the doormen, the concierge and the staff in the restaurants, everyone was so friendly and couldn’t do enough for you. The concierge staff were great with some great suggestions making our trip to Porto very enjoyable and very memorable. This is a 5 star hotel that definitely deserves their 5 star rating! I would recommend this hotel with no hesitations!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2018

The breakfast here is personalised buffet but the variety is top class. The staff have been very well trained and interact well with the guests. The rooms are very comfortable although lighting could be a little better for reading. Good location near transport and the sights.

Room Tip: eggs benedict good and could be improved - listen to staff.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike E
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

I arrived feeling under the weather but recovered after three days at the Intercontinental in Porto. I did not get the Porto experience I wanted but I experienced instead the clean comfy care of this hotel. My room was kept clean and well-stocked with toiletries. The breakfast buffet - which was my only meal each day - was varied, tasty, and quite plentiful. The staff even offered to go pick up meds for me at the pharmacy! I would stay here again because I know they take care of their visitors.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for 4 nights in March. The service is truly what makes this place, especially the very sweet woman running the breakfast and the Concierge team, especially Hugo. They went above and beyond to help us out and were lovely. The location is very central and convenient for everything.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends