All reviewsno elevatorold buildingair contop floorgreat location
Reviewed 14 September 2016

I e.mailed to say that our flight was arriving at 9.45am, & that we would be using the Metro into Porto district. Marilia replied to say that it would be too early for our room to be ready, but she would meet us at the apartment & store our luggage. Our flight was an hour late landing so we arrived at noon. Marilia was waiting for us as promised, we booked in & were taken straight to our studio apartment.
It was a good sized room, with a comfy/roomy bed. the decor was lovely, white walls with old stone in between, black / white furnishings. We had a small balcony overlooking the street & were only 5mins walk into the main parts of town.
We did have to buy ear plugs because we were on a very busy through road, the cobbled roads make the traffic sound much noisier.
We did enjoy our stay in the apartment & would book again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2016

I'm only reviewing the gift shop on the street level of the building, NOT the hotel. This was a cute little shop with scarves, purses, and other souvenirs. The lady was very friendly and sweet, I bought a few things since it was a very cute store and the prices were attractive. Even though I knew that half, if not all of the items I bought were made made in China (have tags:); however, one of the scarves I purchased turned out to have the words "Lufthansa" imprinted on it very clearly...it was folded up so I never saw it when buying. Despite the great frontage and cute items, it's not fair of the owner to sell used or pre-owned items passing them off as "made in Portugal" and new. The rest of the things I bought were cute.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2015

We arrived just before 12 mid day and the manager was there waiting to book us in and show us our room. The room had a small but adequate ensuite, and some cooking facilities, not much but sufficient. The room was clean, bed good, but was on the third floor, up some 56 stairs, but used only once per day. The location is handy to most attractions, restaurants, shops and the river. Overall a nice and enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back of the building and was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2015

Check in time is very late at 18;00 - 20;00
Communication is poor with their office.
I sent them an email on booking 3 weeks prior to arriving requesting an earlier check in and they didn't reply until 3 days before we arrived saying that this was not possible although we could leave our bags there from 3 pm.
They then sent me an email the day before arriving saying there was no wifi at the apartments.
I wasn't sure what the arrangement would be about dropping off our bags so decided to stay in Guimaraes 'in limbo' and get to Porto around 5pm.
The apartments are around a 7 minute walk from Sao Bento station but I rang their number from a bar near the apartments and spoke to a girl who didn't speak very good English.
We located the apartments and there was an art shop underneath with a man called Louis? who worked there from 3 - 7pm who dealt with guests.
He was very helpful and apologetic explaining that the apartment was still being cleaned and would not be ready till 8.30pm which was very annoying together with the lack of wifi. I told him I was not happy with this and he acted as middleman between us and the office where I expected them to make financial reparation which they were not prepared to do.
We wanted to find somewhere else as a consequence but decided the easiest option was to stay in the apartments.
The studio we booked on the top floor proved to be good accommodation with views over the rooftops to the Cathedral, situated in a great location and was a great choice but for the problems we encountered, not helped by poor communication from the office.
Louis in the art shop was very helpful and apologetic and gave us a few good restaurants that we subsequently visited.
The internet was repaired the next day which was at least something.
It's such a shame about the late check in as I felt this lost us a good part of a day. Considering check out is by 11 am I don't understand this. If the management could alter the check in time from 1 pm then this would be a great choice.

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed 30 June 2015

Friendly staff, great location, clean, interesting rooms. A bit noisier due to a loud streets around, and poor ceiling i sulation, but who sleeps early in Porto, right? :) Definitely a good pick for young people looking for some style.

Room Tip: choose one on top floors, lowe rooms are quite noisy
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple