“Great for pilgrims”

Restaurante Pedra Furada
Ranked #4 of 87 Restaurants in Barcelos
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: On the route of the Portuguese Caminho of St.James, magnificent portuguese traditional cuisine and great hospitality.
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Went there for a coffee on my way to Santiago. It is a perfect spot to stop for a break and, if you like jazz, have a conversation with the staff!

Reviewed 3 July 2016

Stopped here while walking the Camino Portuguese. It was lunchtime and crowded with locals and pilgrims alike. The atmosphere was rustic-cozy with a nice bar in front and a separate dining room in back as well as several tables adjacent to the bar. I ended up sharing a table with three local businessmen who (even with my limited Portuguese and their limited English) were kind and most welcoming. They even helped me choose what was good to eat from the menu. I enjoyed a large plate of bachalau croquettes, a bowl of rice and beans, and a delicious and rich vegetable soup. I think the bill was about 7 euros - fabulous value! The proprietor, Antonio, who is featured in my Camino guidebook was super friendly and kept checking in on me throughout my meal to make sure everything was okay. He even signed my guidebook. And this is why I walk the Camino - to discover off-the-beaten-path towns with authentic and compassionate people who treat strangers as new friends.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

Great home cooked food. Don't be turned off by the owner's sister's attitude. She can be cold when serving her home cooking, but the chicken rice soup was to die for. So are the desserts! Antonio was an excellent host. He's a natural in hospitality industry.

1  Thank Anna M
Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

We dropped by the place towards Santiago as a pilgrimage=) really enjoyed the meals and the sevice! Antonio is helpful enough as well! I recommend you to visit and enjoy the place, obrigado!:)

Reviewed 9 February 2016

a place where tradition and innovation intersect
the most typical dishes that there is that gives enjoy to taste

place where we know the compostela santiago walkers

good atmosphere, good food, excellent service

I can only recommend