We had an all inclusive holiday at the beginning of March. The room was large, spotlessly clean, on 10th floor with morning sunshine and a great view across Funchal and the harbour. It was very quiet (as requested). The kitchenette was fine to make tea and coffee. Soap was provided in the somewhat tired bathroom, but no shampoo which is odd for a hotel.The food was mostly very good (good enough that we ate in each evening), all the service was excellent, and the all-inclusive drinks were fine. The communal lounge area was very spacious. It was about half an hour's easy walk to the centre of Funchal- previous comments were of the steep walk home, but as over 60s we did not find it hard at all. There was an excellent shuttle bus to the town centre, only minus point was it did not run at the week end. The information on the web site about where we could eat on the all- inclusive was confusing. The swimming pool was lovely if rather bracing!
The entertainment that we went to in the evening was fabulous- local folk dancing & singing.
We would certainly go there again. The whole deal was terrific value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close to the promenade, with great views over the sea and Funchal bay. Studio apartments with balcony and fully equipped kitchenette. Gardens, indoor and outdoor pools, tennis court and spa. Shuttle bus to city center. Daily entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Dorisol Mimosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dorisol Mimosa Funchal, Madeira
- Dorisol Mimosa Hotel Funchal