We have just returned from a stay at the Mimosa and enjoyed our time there. As other reviews have pointed out the food does leave something to be desired (from my wife's point of view, and that of at least one other guest, that something was potatoes!) but it is broadly OK and the service is very friendly. Our room was very clean, high up with great views and there was easy access to all he hotel facilities. The entertainment was mostly not our cup of tea (with the wonderful exception of the brilliant folk/dance group - if anyone can tell me who they were that would be appreciated) and one night was in the 'sister' hotel lower down the hill in a room resembling an atmospherically challenged church hall attended by a handful of very bored guests and two couples willing to dance to appalling music. Despite reservations about the "entertainment" (again, with the noted exception of the 'Folclore' group) this was a very pleasant and enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close to the promenade, with great views over the sea and Funchal bay. Studio apartments with balcony and fully equipped kitchenette. Gardens, indoor and outdoor pools, tennis court and spa. Shuttle bus to city center. Daily entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Dorisol Mimosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dorisol Mimosa Funchal, Madeira
- Dorisol Mimosa Hotel Funchal