Just returned from a 10 day stay at this hotel and was extremely happy with it. Great location on edge of old town next to fort, much better than in the hotel district up the hill. Quiet location . We stayed for bed and breakfast and had no complaints at all on breakfast. There was a selection for any tastes. Rooms were comfy and very clean, as they were serviced every day. Sun beds a plenty even after the sad muppets have secured there positions by 7am by putting out there towels . Adult only hotel which means it is very quiet and relaxing . I would definetly go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel Funchal, Madeira