“Great Indian Restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Manchester, England
“Great Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We stayed in The Residence Portomare for two weeks in May 2012 and ate at the Bombay Palace several times and had many take-aways, and was never disappointed. I think this is the only true Indian restaurant in the area.

Like someone else said, the restaurant is often quite empty but don't let this put you off at all, it certainly is no reflection on the service or food. The decor might be a little dated but it is clean and comfortable.

If you like Indian food you must give this place a try.

Denis and Christine

• Visited May 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended!!”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Fancy a curry? Where else but the Bombay Palace! This restaurant is so often disappointingly empty, if only people knew what they were missing out on. I have enjoyed every meal I have had on each of my visits and just wish there were more restaurants in the UK like this. Not only is the food great but the service is pleasant and swift. All round a great restaurant which is well worth a visit and in my opinion make the best Chicken Madras!

• Visited May 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Really really good Indian, better than any I've had in London”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We went here tonight with my husband and two year old. The owner was lovely with her, making such an effort. But most importantly the food was seriously good. We have Indian a lot in London (I'm Australian) and I've not had anywhere as good as this. My husband's lamb dansak was to die for. I ordered a lentil main as wasn't in the mood for meat, and even this was super delicious. And to top it off there's a great gelati ice cream stand in the restaurant next door for the walk home. Once you've had your fill of Italian food in Madiera it's nice to have the change too.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank RSS186338
Cornwall
“Indian food beautifully served”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff and quick service. The choice was good and the food was excellent. What more could one ask for.

• Visited January 2012
liverpool
“Beautiful fresh food, good recommendations”
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We visit Madeira every year or so, and this restaurant is alway a must for us. The proprioter is always willing to ask relevent questions in order to recommend dishes which never fail to disappoint. We visited this two times during our recent stay, each time leaving very satisfied and full. after living in the "curry capitol of the north" for a few years in UK, I am often disappointed with curries elsewhere. However, these curries are obviously made by chefs that know their stuff and mix spices so you can taste them all...ie not just hot and overwhelming. I asked for medium hot strengths and my partner medium which were both perfect for us. Everything is home made, even the kulfi, which I find is usually shop bought. Wine recommended was great ('lello' I think). We sat inside the 1st night, and outside on the 2nd visit as it was so warm in madeira, and outside had a lovely atmosphere..really holiday like! Carved wooden interior really adds to the indian authenticity. We even had complementary liquors after the meal (and not the cheap not very nice madeira wine that many other restaurants here give you!). The service was friendly, but not overwhelming.
If you like good Indian food made to your liking, or like to try something you may not typically get elsewhere (e.g. some of the types of fish available in the curries... catfish, scabbard fish), and want a change from portugese cuisine wilst in Madeira, then this is the place for you.

Visited September 2011