We have just spent a wonderful 7 days at the Melia Maderia Mare in Funchal and enjoyed every minute of it.The hotel is relatively new and is of modern style throughout.The rooms are very large and well appointed with quality furnishings.The bathroom has a large shower cubicle with a rainfall shower head and non slip decked floor.Bath with hand held shower for rinsing and twin hand basins.The WC & Bidet are separated by a frosted glass wall and door.Speaker in the ceiling relays the audio from the LCD TV.Good quality toiletries are replenished daily and the towels as and when required.Bathrobes, slippers and face cloths are also provided.No facility to hang bath towels and no soap dish.The bathroom door is a triumph of design over functionality.It is split into two halves,open one half and it is not quite wide enough to work as a door opening,open both halves and they protrude out into the hall,wardrobe area.The bedside tables lacked a drawer for your pills and potions,readers etc but the bed was good quality and huge,The tea and coffee making facility had a quality stainless steel kettle and was replenished daily.The room was kept spotlessly clean by the maid.Beautiful balcony.
We was on Bed and Breakfast so can not comment on the evening meals.The breakfast was very good but not the best we have had.Huge selection of breads,cakes,pastries biscuits etc but as my wife is Coeliac these are off the menu and there wasn't much alternative except fruit and limited yogurts.
The Hotels fitness facilities are exceptional.A beautiful large heated indoor pool accompanied by a well equipped gym and shower room with an adjacent spa and massage center.The outdoor pool is surrounded by plenty of comfortable sun loungers and various layers of decking provides plenty of sun loungers with parasols.Fresh clean towels are freely available daily.
For those on Bed and Breakfast there are many good places to eat within easy walking distance and a Spar and Pingo Doce supermarket are close to the Hotel.A taxi rank and bus stop for the local buses is also a short walk away.
The staff at the Hotel are the most friendly and polite you could wish to meet.We never met one that did not smile and greet you.A credit to the hotel.A special mention to Marcos on reception who went the extra mile for us and a good wish for trainee Joanna in the restaurant who is nervously learning the job but is fast fitting into the team.!Muito obrigado pela hospitalidade.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Melia Madeira is a modern and elegant five-star hotel with a contemporary design that will enhance the availability of quality accommodation options for both business and leisure travelers to Madeira Island. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and boasting magnificent sea views, the hotel is conveniently located a few meters of the sea, in close proximity to the small pebble beach, Gorgulho and offers direct access to the Oceanside promenade. The Resort offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, an indoor and outdoor pool and a spa. Elegantly-furnished rooms offer a balcony and cable TV. Some rooms of Meliã Madeira Mare include scenic views of the Atlantic Ocean from the balcony. Many of the hotel’s rooms also have a sitting area.Guests can relax in the jacuzzi and sauna at Meliã Madeira Mare’s spa. Massage treatments and a steam bath are also offered.Free parking is available. Madeira International Airport is a 25-minute drive away. Meliã Madeira Mare is a 5-minute walk from the center of the city.Meliã Madeira Mare’s restaurant serves a breakfast buffet and themed buffets for dinner. A la Carte menu is also available. The hotel’s pool bar provides refreshing beverages and light snacks for lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Melia Hotels APAC, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madeira Mare Hotel Funchal
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort And Spa
- Sol Melia Funchal
- Melia Madeira Mare Resort & Spa Funchal