“No frills, all flavour”

Restaurante Pendoa
Ranked #32 of 311 Restaurants in Sintra
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

You dont come for the romantic ambiance, but the flavor and authenticity exactly what this place is about. Delicious and great value!

Reviewed 16 November 2017

I have eaten in this restaurant 10 years ago and I still remember it. I'm so happy to see it still exists and does well. I remember I had the best bacalhau a lagareiro here and an amazing bacalhau a bras (those being also the cheapest bacalhoes I've had in Portugal, but as I say, it's been some time since I've eaten here). I would love to come back and see if you can still get that delicious, authentic homy food.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We like eating off the beaten track. So, in Sintra, we took a side street and found a waitress offering information about the restaurant. So, we went. The place is small but frequented by locals as well as tourists. Most of the staff speak English or they will get someone for you. We had the roast chicken, which came with fries, rice and a salad. Very nice meal -- delicious. Staff was friendly and attentive. Really nice place.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Away from the main tourist area down a side street lies an authentic Portuguese eatery. Simple food , good quality with a highly entertaining hostess (she’ll get her phone out and show pictures of her family!) we had a fabulous lunch in a simple homely place. It might not be posh but it was clean and catered for my dietary restrictions no problem. Highly recommend.

2  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a posh place to have dinner or lunch please walk away you will be very disappointed !
BUT if you are looking for an authentic place with a warm welcome and a simple but tasty portuguese food stop your quest you have found THE place!
There, you will be treated like family and you’ll feel at home straight away, bonus ? You’ll have a wonderful meal!

1  Thank porchetoc