“Delicious seafood, service somewhat slow at lunchtime”

Restaurante Regional de Sintra
Ranked #28 of 308 Restaurants in Sintra
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2016

Delicious Monkfish stew (enormous portion, easily enough for 2!!!). So good I am looking for a recipe to repeat this at home. They bring you a tablet, you pick your language. Pictures and you show them what you want. My husband had a delicious codfish with smashed potatoes, but I loved my monkfish stew. a lot of food! I wish I could have brought home the leftovers! Remember the bread, butter, cheese you get as soon as you sit down you will get charged for, but not if you don't partake! This restaurant is down the road from train station, not in the main touristy area. Next to "city hall?" . Opens for lunch at 12noon. Dishes range 13-15E.

1  Thank gypsy41

Reviewed 14 November 2016

I am an American study abroad student from Spain who was planning to travel alone in Sintra this weekend. Little did I know that 8 Spanish women would take me under their wing, and at lunch time, the Spaniards know how to eat... We basically ordered the whole menu and the red wine of the house. The rice was AMAZING and the Dorada was great. I would recommend if you are with a group, order the rice with seafood rather than ordering a fish, unless it is the Bacalao which was amazing. The potato chips were HOMEMADE! Real! So delicious. The service was kind and was interested in making sure we had the best experience ever. I loved the wine so much, that I went back at bought a bottle to bring home.

It is located where the bus drops you off in Sintra, before you go up to see the castle. It was a great option to eat then go up to the castle. You may want to make reservations if you have a big group also!

I recommend this restaurant 100%.

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

nice food,nice service, not expensive. The dark beer is very nice. Omg trip advisor ask me to put at least 100 chars.

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

Thus place was packed for dinner and I can see why. Food was cooked and seasoned perfectly. Portion sizes were huge..perfect after a long and strenuous day. Pricing is reasonable.

Do yourself a favor and order the monkfish stew. It's delicious and can be shared by 2.

They will bring you bread, butter, cheese, and olives to start. Reject what you don't want otherwise you'll be charged for it all. Each little pack of butter is 1 euro each, so it adds up very quickly.

Great for large grouos, families, kids, and couples. A definite go to place while in Sintra.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

First time I have gone through a menu on a tablet! What a good idea- every language catered for,and little photos to show you what you were getting. Cheese and bread appetisers were good. Our lamb stew cooked in red wine with potato was tasty, and very filling; that's what the locals like, we were told. Fans of Jose Mourinho will be happy to see red wine from his home town of Setubal on the menu. Good service, too.