“Great for some tapas and wine”
Review of Cantinho Gourmet

Cantinho Gourmet
Ranked #12 of 305 Restaurants in Sintra
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Hidden in the middle of busy Sintra, this is the perfect place to have a relaxed glass of wine with some cheese and bread. It's mostly a wine shop, with reasonable prices, but offering also wine tasting, cheese and tapas. Totally recommended for anyone visiting the old village of sintra.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

When i saw this shop i really got suprised. It's adorable. The products are unique, the staff is perfect (Joanna the owner's daughter is very sweet and helpful) and you can really forget the time tasting all these goodies. We ate a sandwich and we drunk a glass of Red wine with only 5 euros but we bought cheese, porto wine jam, sardines and other exceptional local products.Such kind of small gourmet shops/restaurants make me really happy. In a touristic area like Sintra, this shop is really a small paradise!

Reviewed 14 December 2017

Discovered this place by accident when exploring the back streets of Sintra. Tucked at the end of an alleyway it could easily be missed. It looks like a delicatessen/wine shop, which it is but it also has a few tables where glasses of wine and sharing platters can be enjoyed. It´s also possible to buy items to take away as well.

We ordered a sharing platter of salamis, sardine pate, cheese - and one of these was outstanding - Azeitão - we hadn´t tried this before. I can only compare it to a wonderful runny Camembert - it was superb and served just right.

We were also given the opportunity to sample a few of the red wines before choosing the bottle we wanted, which I thought was a lovely touch and made our lunch here outstanding. Our lunch was perfect and so enjoyable.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

One of the first along the town route with signs for Ginja. (Spelled many ways)
Clerk was super courteous, store offers a sample shot in a chocolate cup for one euro. I expressed some interest in a pear brandy and she readily offered me a sample. Not for me. After walking around some more, I came back and bought some of the Ginja. There were some small tasting options with the chocolate cups but I didn't think they'd survive the airplane trip. I opted for a small bottle for 11 euros to take home. The clerk was again very welcoming and offered to have me try more items.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Almost missed this little gem. Fabulous bread/cheese platter followed by Ginjinha in chocolate cups. Divine! Opportunity to sample other fare from the little shop too before buying. Staff so friendly too which is a plus.