1,060 results
All reviews bull ring campo pequeno star standard rain shower glass wall metro station comfy bed business hotel comfortable hotel central lisbon public transport centre euros gym
Reviewed 23 December 2017

I stayed here for five nights during the Web Summit conference with some colleagues and was really disappointed by everything. When booking a five-star hotel, there's a certain level of service and amenities that is expected and the VIP Grand Lisboa Hotel & Spa did not live up to them by any means.

Where to start? As others here have pointed out, there's no tea kettle or water in the rooms. There's also no iron and when we asked for one, we were told to use the laundry service, which was quite expensive. The spa is actually completely separate from the hotel, which we found to be a bit weird.

The room itself was also worn and could use some renovation. The one cabinet that where the safe and fridge were actually scratched the floor because the door hung a little too low. The chair in the room also had also scratched up the wood part of the floor and the carpeted part of the room was stained. The bathroom shower had an odd piece of glass to separate the shower part with the rest of the bathroom that honestly looked like a fish tank. It seemed to me that the shower flooded and the piece of glass was added to fix the issue as an afterthought. The water didn't go down the drain so by the time I was done with my shower, there was a few centimeters of water on the floor. Not to mention that the drain cover floated away every time I showered because the water didn't drain properly.

Lastly, the staff members are unfortunately very rude. When checking in, I wasn't told where to eat breakfast. I decided to eat on the first floor and was told to go to the ground floor instead with no rhyme or reason, despite the fact that there was a restaurant on the first floor (and nobody told me there were any rules about this to begin with). When checking out, the receptionist didn't ask me anything at all, so then I asked, "May I have an invoice?" She actually rolled her eyes at me and said that she had completed the check out process, so no, I'd have to wait to get the invoice by email. I was surprised that she didn't even ask if I needed an invoice as the majority of guests were there for Web Summit, meaning, I'm pretty certain that the majority were on business trips and invoices are pretty standard. When my colleagues checked out, I forewarned them they needed to make a clear request before the process was completed, and even then, the receptionists still got the business address wrong. We refused to leave without the invoices and had to make a fuss before we were accommodated, despite the fact that the mistake was made on their side.

Positive aspects of this stay: the location was very close to the train that we could take to the Web Summit grounds and the breakfast wasn't too bad. If I hadn't had Web Summit to attend, I would say the location was very far out from central Lisbon and I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank GeekRockChick24
VIPGrandLisboa, AGM at VIP Grand Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

We would like to thank you for your comments regarding your most recent visit to the Vip Grand Lisboa Hotel & SPA.
After due analysis, we have revised our procedures in order to make the most of this opportunity for improvement.
On behalf of the whole team we regret not having met your expectations, and we ask you to accept our sincere apologies.
We hope to have the pleasure of having you as our guest once again, in order to regain your confidence.

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

Totally disappointed!
This hotel can not be rated as a 5- Star hotel! I would rate it as a 3- star hotel only!
Most of the staff are rude and not friendly , except for one or two. They lack experience and knowledge of English language which made it hard to communicate with them sometimes. There are no kettle or slippers in the room.
The A/c didn’t function well. We called them to fix it. Someone came and supposedly fixed it but it was still the same! So we ended up unable to comfortably sleep all nights. Rooms are too small and beds are even smaller! I was traveling with a group and staying for 5 nights, if not I would have changed my reservation to another hotel. Staying in this hotel made my travel experience to Lisbon really bad! If you are looking for a 3-star hotel then go and book a room at this hotel, otherwise don’t bother yourself or waste your money on it!

2  Thank Mona M

Dear Sir/Madam,

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

It’s not a 5 star hotel! They don’t offer the least services. The complementary water is given at the first night only. No iron in the entire hotel. Kettle is only available in one floor. We checked out and forgot a bag in the room, so we contacted the hotel few hours later, but they said we found nothing! We asked them to check the cameras to see if someone took it but they refused. They asked to go to the police office and report it in order to check the cameras. Unfortunately I booked 8 rooms for 5 nights and that was a big mistake.

3  Thank Nouf A

Dear Sir / Madam,

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

I forgot my handbag in the room and didn’t noticed till I reached Porto... I reported that one day after but the housekeeping and management strongly denied any missing item.. I required a camera report but the management rejected to do so, and directed me to the police... I believe a 5 stars hotel shouldn’t have such attitude .. this reflects badly on their image and downgrade their hotel to 2 stars maximum.. I’m very disappointed with their services and reaction in this matter..

1  Thank Amina A

Dear Mrs. Amina,

We would like to thank you for your comments regarding your t visit to the Vip Grand Lisboa Hotel & SPA.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Just came back from a 2 day stay at this hotel and let me tell you, I will not stay there, ever again.
Would like to make EVERYONE aware about a BIG problem at this hotel! They STEAL money from the rooms safe, these people are THIEFS, and the Management are into it aswell. Do Not Leave your money in the safe EVER!!!
I've put €380 into the safe yesterday evening, so I wouldn't walk around with too much money on me, well let me tell you, "biggest mistake I've made".
Got back to London today and forgot to take the money from the safe, so I called them straight away soon as I touched down...they said someone would go to the room to open the safe and check it...they came back to me an hour after to tell me that, the safe door was in fact locked but no money was found inside!!! Wouldn't make any sense locking a safe, if I had nothing inside!!!
They didn't even care about trying to pursue the matter further and were very rude, useless! They overall service is horrible! DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo