All reviews double room city centre gracia dorm tram
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We stayed at this hostel for 4 nights.

The good:
- The location is OK.
- The staff was friendly. We only ever saw them at check-in.
- The hostel itself is quite clean. The building entrance is not.

The bad:
- It’s the noisiest hostel I stayed at, and that’s saying something. It has the “right” combination of zero sound insulation, a layout that intermingles shared spaces with sleeping areas, and a rowdy clientele that’s up and about (and yelling) until 4 or 5 in the morning. A couple of times we tried asking people to keep quiet, but new people kept coming in and out of the shared spaces around our room. It’s hard to say any of this is the management’s fault, and yet... it sucks a lot.
- On our last night, people came into our (private, double bed) room while we were sleeping, startled us, and then fled laughing. Again, it’s hard to fault the management on this, but somehow I’m not surprised the only time this ever happened to us was at this hostel...
- Before breakfast, there are only 2 shared bathrooms available for the whole hostel. That creates queues each morning.
- The breakfast is quite sub-par, but at least it’s included. We only had it once.
We will be coming back to Lisbon, but we will definitely not be coming back to Hostel Graca 28.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank pbelanov
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

We found bedbugs in this hostel. So, I asked to change bedclothes, they did it after my second request! But still after staying in this hostel I've got terrible skin rash and had to spend money for Doctor and medicines!!!
I would not recommend this hostel even to my enemies! Be careful!!!!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Roam428722
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

I have given this place 4 stars based on value for money and location. I have stayed in many city centre hostels and this was at the better end of the spectrum. We stayed in the double room which cost slightly more than a dorm as we are a couple but it was still very reasonable.

Pros
Conveniently situated in the Graca neighbourhood with many trendy restaurants and bars- walking distance to alfama and many of the attractions.

On the tram link.

Excellent breakfast with fresh bread, cereals etc included in price.

Lovely garden with seating and hammock. Also a bar serving reasonably priced very nice drinks.

friendly hosts and staff.

Cons.
Shared bathrooms (normal for hostel) and not many of them! Sometimes had to wait.

Bed not the comfiest.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jess952
Reviewed 2 April 2017

We've been there for seven days and we could've stayed much longer. The hostel is clean and just beautiful. You feel the passion the owners put into redecoration. Every room has it's own character and tiny details make it cozy. The backyard is a perfect place to relax, to enjoy the sun and the silence and to have a nice cold beer after a day of walking around Lissabon.
The owners are open minded, warm hearted and always around to recommend special places in Lissabon and Portugal.
The breakfast is fresh and made with love. And the coffee in the morning is perfect to start the day!
It is located in the heart of Graca, which is a beautiful and quite area. The famous Tram 28 passes by close to the hostel and you find beautiful view points and good restaurants within 2-10 minutes of walking.
We will definitely come back as soon as possible!

Room tip: Every room is worth to stay in!
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2016

The hostel is infested with bed bugs. When I lifted up my mattress, I saw dozens. I'm going to have nightmares! Several other guests had bites too. The owners didn't even apologize. They just kept saying that they had already used an exterminator but the poison didn't work.

Not only am I completely miserable with itching, but now I have to take all of my clothes to an expensive dry cleaner, throw away my suite case, throw away the toys that I bought for friends' children, and still worry about spreading the bed bugs into my own home.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank dayintheshade
HOSTELGRACA28, Owner at Hostel Graca 28, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

As you know the bed bugs comes wiyh the guests in their bags.
We tell already that we made a desinfestation a weeks ago, and we thougth it was ok.
If the guests don`t tell us , we don`t know.
We closed the hostel 10 days to make another disinfestation. And if you see , the bed bugs even in the hotel with 5 stars , they are there. they are for all partof the city and europe.
I`m very sorry for that. And we expect that never happens again.

Sandra