“Frustration ”

Ranked #473 of 4,413 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bairro Alto, Bica & Cais do Sodre
Description: In Wine Cellar / "Garrafeira" Alfaia we feed friendships around the wine and the generosity of spirit with which we interact when we feel good! sobreNos1 This is a unique place where we feel the like the pleasure of being with each other and where is proved the spirit of friendship. A special place where enjoying the wine and the portuguese snacks makes us to arouse other shared pleasures and feelings of well-being. In the more intimate indoor environment, or within the street in front of the door, more active and dynamic, we discover small pleasures that become great memories. The Wine Cellar / "Garrafeira" Alfaia is from April 15 place where there is life, where you live! Where between a glass of wine and a snack, we feed relationships for life! We are waiting for you and we like to have visitors, come to experience the flavors of Portugal with us!
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Made a reservation for a winetasting at Alfaia for a group of 9 people. One of the owner confirmed the reservation by email! On said evening we arrived at the Alfaia but they told us they don't know anything about said reservation, although I showed them the written confirmation.

We had to look for another restaurant. They offered us no other solution!!!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Customer service is terrible. We came there yesterday evening, go inside, sit and start waiting for customer service. Some people came after us and the service started to serve them. When I tried to get menu by myself I noticed rude behavior and some unpleasant words from this guy.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I accidentally found Alfaia while walking alone down Rua do Diario de Noticias one evening. When I walked in I was immediately greeted by Paulo Ponctes , originally from Brazil and moved to Portugal some 15 years ago. Paulo was very friendly, and spoke English well - asked me what type of wine I would like to have. I decided to show him a picture of a wine I had already shown to other wine bar personnel that evening who informed me they did not carry it . The wine called Bafarela Grande Reserve , I had discovered while visiting Porto a few days earlier. Well, to my surprise Paulo said he did have a Bafarela somewhere and took the immediate initiative to find it amidst the 100s of bottles in the wine fridge. Paulo eventually found the Bafarela 17 which I did not try before and as the name suggests has 17 % alcohol, and unfortunately could not try that evening since it was not sold by the glass. However, this did not stop Paulo from suggesting and letting me taste some wines which were outstanding ! This was the beginning of the most amazing wine experience I had in a very long time. I asked him if he had some good cheese I could have with the wine(s) and he told me he had something he thought I would really like. Let me tell you - when I tried that cheese, later on learned it was award winning, which is served with a spoon and smeared on this incredible bread it was simply an outstanding experience !
Well, since I trusted Paulo's recommendations that evening I asked him for suggestions for some local restaurants - which he was very glad to do.
Alfaia is a must experience I highly recommend for wine and cheese lovers, and although I did not try the other meat tapas style entrees they appeared to be very good as well.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

My husband accidently bumped into this wine bar in September 2009 and after that it has been a first choice whenever in Lisbon. Last time we were there, was in 2014, so it was time to go back. We stayed in Lisbon for a week this time and visited the wine bar three times. Which should indicate that we really like this place, - it is informal and relaxed with a friendly atmosphere. Pedro and Paulo have great knowledge of the food and wine they serve. The selection of wine is really impressive and they offer the best wine you can get in Portugal. Many also served by the glass. So let them guide you and you will be satisfied. Maybe also positively surprised sometimes. The bar serve both tapas and dinner, and have the most wonderful Portuguese cheeses and presuntos. If you like Belgian style beer, you should also try their own craft beer Alfaia Black Sheep, which is both tasty and full bodied. We always feel very welcome and will of course come back. Thanks from Gro & Geir, Bergen, Norway

1  Thank 822gro
Reviewed 7 May 2017

At start we did take different kind of cheese, they were good. We did take two portion and then we share it. Food and wine was excellent. Service wasn't so good, although we were first only customers.