All reviewsexcellent locationhotel decor isstay there againthe ground floorbreakfast was includedfirst floorstar hotelfurnituretvcitymetroeuroshampoo
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Decent rooms, decent service for a decent price. Excellent location, staff helpful and friendly. Ideal choice for those passing through this glorious city. Breakfast minimal, bread rolls and coffee but wakes you up in the morning. They looked after our bags after we checked out and were perfectly good hosts. Recommended.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank siobhanmcfadden
Reviewed 27 March 2017

This hotel has a great location. It is well-maintained and safe, the staff is nice and friendly. The furniture in the room is old-fashioned but it's kind of attractive. The beds are comfortable, the shower is clean. The breakfast is basic, but quite enough.
They provide luggage drop-off before the check-in and lend a hair-dryer.
Overall, the hotel is great, especially for such a low price!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2017

I stayed 4 nights at the Insulana while in Lisbon,solo female traveler in late 50's.I chose this hotel based on its fantastic location (just off Rua Augusta) which is as dead center as you can get ,plus its budget price and of course based on reviews here.
I was very happy with my stay there. Yes the rooms are basic and old furniture, but it was clean, the bedding very clean, as well as towels etc n the bathroom. I can find no fault there. And really for the price it is a good deal! If you are looking for a modern hotel and if you are fussy about old furniture..I suggest you look elsewhere,But if you are looking for a fantastic location,friendly staff,clean rooms and good price..then this is your place!
Breakfast is included which is basically the same everyday but I found it to be very filling. You get two different big rolls ,very fresh ,with a canister of coffee (or tea) and a full canister of hot milk as well. Two butters and two jams but you can ask the lady that serves for more.I was getting almost 4 tea cup fulls of coffee from the canister. And this breakfast did fill me up! As I quite like cheese or lunch meats in the mornings I got myself some triangle cheese spread at a local mini market and actually added that to my rolls.So I was quite happy!
I had room 405 which had a balconey overlooking the street. My room actually had two twin beds inside. The only thing I would have liked to see was more plugs! There is only one which the T.V. is plugged into.And maybe a bit more space for your bathroom items.
The Wi Fi worked in the room but not as good as in the corridor or at the Reception area, but it did work.
The hotel reception is on the second floor.The reception actually regulates the elevator up and down to your room.You leave your key at the reception when you come and go.The downstairs street entrance is always open..no need to be buzzed in.
You are basically in the heart of Lisbon...shops everywhere.. and there are plenty of mini markets nearby for anything you may want to pick up for snacks.The airport bus is right up Rossio square as well.
To me this place is a great find!Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank philosykos
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Here's a very cozy, small B&B with a friendly local staff. great location, close to Alfama and Baixa and main city shore. Owned by family, very kind people. Bacic breakfast though. Old fashioned lift makes an atmosphere! Worth tryin!

Room Tip: take room with a balcony. What a view!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2017

Felt like I was back in about 1970. Everything "as new" from that time. Location perfect and the staff nice. Clean and comfortable. My one complaint is the thin walls, thus othr guests started complaining when I turned on the TV (which by the way looked as if from early seventies). And wow! I could open the window! Hope to be back.

Room Tip: My room faced the street and I got the morning sun.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo