All reviews nice hotel bit dated marques de pombal square decent size by foot comfortable bed metro stop hotel is located city break
Reviewed 15 September 2017

This is a nice hotel, although it does show time has passed since the last overhaul and it's not a 4* hotel. Thie being said it is a nice 3* hotel, it has a very good breakfast buffet and a cozy little bar with a competent barwoman. The age shows in the hallways, the rooms and the bathrooms - the hotel needs new carpet floors, new furniture in the rooms, and bathrooms need a complete overhaul.

You may wonder why I rate this as "very good", then. I think in the end it comes down to: a great location, near metro and with good options to dine and shop by foot AND a price that delivers - you pay what you get.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Hotel that do not deserve its supposed 4 stars. Very old fashioned, old carpets and furniture and rooms are fixed into the 80's.
The worst is the staff : no welcome word, no help proposed to carry our luggage (the minimum for a 4 star I guess), no eye contact, no word during the check in (at midnight after a long trip).. shall I continue ?? Please Mr Manager (if you exist...), contact me and I will forward you my long list of claim.
What else.. ah YES !!! The safe in the room..3€ per night ����� in which 4 star hotel did I see this ?? Nowhere...

Avoid this place and please keep in mind that the lazy and unprofessional guys, not smiley nor helpful and absolutely not 4 star, are not representative at all of the lovely portugese people.

Mr Manager, as you will read this, I'd consider as a proof of professionalism and courage to contact me before our leaving.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank 132fabricep
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Personally I was very pleased at this hotel, probably an older building, in a classic style; the rooms and bathrooms are great, everything worked, it was quiet. The breakfast room is really stylish. I stayed with the impression that the room was recently renovated. I had no problem with the staff. The hotel is located very close to Marques de Pombal square and monument, in a commercial area of the city; also the airport is not far, max. 30 min.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed in this hotel for several nights - it's a little like stepping back in time but as we were visiting Lisbon & the sights we didn't spend too much time in the room which to be honest was quite depressing.
The hotel hasn't been redecorated in years but it is clean & housekeeping attend to refreshing the room / bathroom & replacing towels everyday
The men at the reception desk are helpful
There is a small private locked car park subject to availability behind the hotel accessed by a steep and narrow side entrance & parking is free - we had two occasions when we were unable to exit the car park for over 20 mins as the laundry van was blocking it - so if you are in a hurry which we were on one occasion you must give yourself extra time
Breakfast was very good - plenty of choice, friendly ladies & lots of fresh fruit
If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a good location then this hotel will suit you - if you want new decor and modern surroundings forget it !

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

We used this hotel on a 4 day city break to Lisbon.
First impressions on entering were that the hotel is a bit dated decor wise but can't fault the check in procedures or the friendliness of the staff.
The room is again dated and there is no doubt the hotel could do with a modernisation but again the room was perfectly functional with a comfortable bed decent size bathroom and it was clean.
There can be a bit of street noise mostly from vehicles if like us your room is to the front of the hotel but to be honest it was not a major issue for us but may be if you are a light sleeper.
There is a bar on the ground floor but we never used this or the breakfast option that is also available.
Location wise the hotel is a good 20 minute walk up a slight hill from the main tourist heart of the city.
There are however a number of other hotels in the same area and you are close to one of the city's main parks and also the starting point for the hop on hop off city bus tour.
There are also a few bars/cafes close to the hotel and a number of ATM'S.
Overall this is still a decent mid range hotel for a visit to Lisbon.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple