All reviewsdressing areanice hotelbit datedmarques de pombal squarecity hoteldecent sizeclose to metro stationby footcomfortable bedbreakfast buffetcity break
Reviewed 18 November 2016

I m part of a tour group from Singapore and getting a room in the evenings are always a welcome relief for the tired tourists. A great reception from the front desk as they helped my tour leader sort the rooms very quickly so we could all rest well. we had 2 days to stay here and we tried to make the best out of it.
the rooms were alright , pretty dated with the decor but clean sheets and clean toilets with adequate facilities and amenities. Pity there was no kettle in my room to boil water in the wintery months.
Sleep was tryging as the pillows we got were filled with cotton and they were lumpy , all of them . however, a note to the front desk the next day sorted out and we got different pillows which aided us in our slumber.

food was the highlight , breakfast was very nice and a welcomed meal with a good spread..

would have tipped to a 4 star stay but overall experience just within the hotel did not meet present expectations which may have had if it was in the 70s.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2016

This hotel is situated beside the hertz rental office where we dropped off our car. We stayed one night and caught taxi to the airport in the morning. I had read reviews that advised the hotel was older, and it was, so was not too surprised. Bathroom was brightly lit, which I appreciated and the shower had good pressure and lots of hot water. Bed was comfortable and it was the first time in two weeks I watched tv in English.
We had a drink of gin and tonic in the lobby bar, and they were excellent.
We went to a local cafe for lunch and although we had a bit of language barrier and didn't quite get what we thought we were ordering, was great.
Dinner was even better at a different local cafe around the corner.
We will probably return to Portugal next year, and would definitely book this hotel again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2016

Stayed here to be near family and it served its purpose . Dated hotel that needs modernising however beds were comfortable and lovely cotton sheets .
The reception staff were really helpful and friendly .
Would stay again if the price was good

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2016

This hotel is in a good location (near the Ritz) in Lisbon unless you want to get the airport bus and are dragging suitcases in which case it is a bit of an uphill climb over very uneven Portuguese stone pavements that kill your suitcase wheels. The hotel is within about 10-15 mins walking distance from the old historic centre of Lisbon. The hotel is a bit old-fashioned and could do with some modernising, but this would probably push the price up, so not necessarily a good thing. Staff were friendly in general, breakfast was self-service and about average for this type of hotel in Lisbon (why do Portuguese hotels so often feel the need to soak fresh fruit in syrup?). The room was fine, quite large and with a little balcony. It was carpeted so not good for allergy sufferers. The bathroom would have been a lot better if the hand held shower attachment actually fitted the wall bracket so you could have a hands-free shower. I like the fact that all hotels in Lisbon seem to have bidets. A nice touch was the weighing scales for your luggage in the reception, something I have not seen anywhere else. Our experience of the hotel was somewhat marred when the receptionist booked the most expensive category of taxi for us to the airport, which we had not asked for. There was no miscommunication, I speak fluent Portuguese. I ended up paying twice the normal fare, which left me with a sour feeling and wiped out some of the savings I had hoped to make by staying in a cheaper hotel A really dumb move by the hotel when everything is now reviewed online!

Room Tip: Some rooms face the Marques de Pombal square, so great views, but might be a bit noisier. Depends what you prefer.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jonathan S
Reviewed 6 September 2016

We are very lucky to find a nice place to stay.very helpfull staff.Nice room in the top floor with nice
panorama to Lisbon.Breakfast is included and the price very good.Nice place to spend holidays.Near metro and shopping Amoreiras.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family