“Perfect”

Cuisines: European, Portuguese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Be prepared to pay well (€42 for 3 course menu - last one is a dessert) but forget about your wallet and enjoy. The staff is unusually amiable and helpful, the chef creativity is amazing. I've also found great that they have a 4 course vegetarian menu (44€), which is great when you have some vegetarians in Lisbon where is very difficult to find a fancy restaurant with veggie options.

8  Thank MarinaSouza

Reviewed 27 July 2012

We had the 5-course tasting menu with wine pairings and highly suggest that to anyone!!! Local food, with a fantastic spin - we cannot say enough about this place, it is definitely one of our highs of the trip. We are foodies. :)

7  Thank Jennifer Y
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My experience at Assinatura felt off from the second I walked in the door until the second I left. The servers somehow made the dining room feel uncomfortable, partially as a result of arrogance that proved to be unwarranted. The meal fell on my friend's birthday, and despite noting such in the reservation it was not once acknowledged the entire night. Furthermore, I understand the concept of having a tasting menu without knowing what is to come, but it fell extremely short here. The first course or two were fine, but the main fish course was practically inedible (which I noted but to no avail) and the dessert was unimaginative and had no complexity (peach creme brulee with peach ice cream, possibly the most boring dessert I had on my trip). I eat out frequently and don't mind paying a lot for good food, but for the first time in a long time I cringed when my credit card was being swiped. I don't understand where the praise is coming from, but I would not encourage anyone to visit. Hopefully we were just unlucky.

6  Thank ph7719
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Our table was in front of the kitchen... And the chef was serving us and explaning the concept of the food we were eating... Food was delicious, staff very nice, amazing atmosphere... What a great dinner :)

3  Thank João B
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Assinatura was both recommended by our hotel (The Britania - excellent) and on tripadvisor, so we decided to give it a go. The decor is smart, but not intimidatingly so, and the welcome was friendly. The restaurant wasn't heaving, but there were enough people to give it some atomosphere and the high banquettes meant that we felt in our own small space.

We went for the 5 course tasting menu with wine. The staff were super friendly and very knowledgeable about the courses and the wine - attentive without being over bearing and all speaking excellent English (useful for us non-Portuguese speakers).. The food was excellent - local and stylish and each dish carefully thought out. The portion sizes were just right, leaving us full but not stuffed, and the desert in particular was truly spectacular. You can go a la carte but as my girlfriend remarked the best thing about the tasting menu is that it makes you try things which you would not necessarily have ordered.

This is ideal for a romantic dinner for two, but also for a larger party or a relaxed business dinner. Highly recommended.

4  Thank Nick21Brussels