Open today: 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Excellent Day Trip to Sintra, CasCais and Cabo

CrazedMom61
Upper Saddle River, New Jersey

1,174 results
All reviews day trip these guys picnic lunch lisbon introduction pastries quinta da regaleira chorizo cruise ship small group great tour great company tour group beautiful sights sintra tour highly recommend this company meeting point cherry liquor
Reviewed 1 week ago

I did several tours with them. Their guides are knowledgeable, fun, and speak English well. I learned a lot and saw many things that were off the beaten path in both Lisbon and Porto.

1  Thank travellikeaprince
Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a wonderful day with Mimi in this small group tour. She was friendly and knowledgable and gave us great historical perspective throughout the day. She tried to take us to less travelled touristy spots and ended the day with delicious "nata" treats. We had lunch at a local spot with delicious food. Sintra was beautiful and I wish we did have a little more time to explore the quaint little town. Overall it was a lovely day!

1  Thank CrazedMom61
Reviewed 1 week ago

These guys are not your father's tour company ... they offer a fun, real, local experience that exposed you to Lisbon, the way locals live it. We enjoyed their full-day City Introduction Van Tour. It was a great way to kick-off our extended stay and we re-visited several places later in the week. Miguel, our host, was extremely friendly and interspersed personal experiences into the tour. What also was different was that it wasn't just about driving around and listening to a canned spiel from Miguel .. in some places, he gave us an introduction and then sent us off to explore on our own for 20-30 minutes. Lunch and snacks provided. At the end, we said our goodbyes over some special ginjinha and pastel de nata. Well worth it.

1  Thank TomasEC
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lisbon was our last stop of our 2-week cruise. We had never been to Lisbon before, and this was our most anticipated port. After scouring the Internet, we booked the Pirates of the Cruise Ships Tour which took us to Sintra, Cascais, through the streets of Lisbon, the coast, and lunch with an authentic, traditional Portuguese lunch (and the best homemade sangria I've ever tasted)! This tour was everything we hoped for. We learned about the history, culture, people, and current climate of Portugal from our extremely knowledgeable tour guide. He showed us the best places to get port and cork products (and not pay exorbitant tourist prices). He also bought us pasteis de nata from one of his favorite bakeries. When he dropped us off back in Lisbon by the port, he showed us where to go to do some shopping, get food, and where to go to see the various architecture in the city. I would not hesitate to recommend We Hate Tourism Tours to anyone going to Lisbon. I only wish we had more than 12 hours so we could take more tours with them!

1  Thank Jennifer F
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were on a cruise and booked this trip on the internet. Were met at the port by Pedro, who looked so like my son they could have been brothers!! Mini bus was clean and comfortable, Pedro was a considerate and good driver. We went up into the hills to visit Sintra and learnt all about the history of Portugal and the city. Went to a lovely local village restaurant for lunch, trying local cheeses and stews. All washed down with lots of vino verde!! Then off to the coast. Pedro was a surfer and photographer, so with the surf high, we took time to stop and watch the waved crashing into shore. On to Cascais for a walk down the hill to admire the different architecture. On the way back to Lisbon we asked to stop at the big monument to the sailors, kings, poets etc, which wasn't a problem. Then those who wanted to go back to the ship were dropped off,but not before we were treated to almond tarts and cherry liquor. Pedro then walked the rest of us to a small local market for some souvenir shopping. All in all, a wonderful day with a knowledgeable and likeable guide.

1  Thank Sheringdale
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This tour had it all, the perfect combination of stops, and several ways to experience the food and culture of Lisbon We arranged for this tour from a cruise stop. Joao was our guide and was there holding a sign with our name on it just outside the port. He was so warm and really cared that our small group had a good experience. We drove through parts of Lisbon, then visited Sintra and a couple coastal towns. We had a traditional Portuguese lunch at the most charming historic restaurant off the beaten path. Joao also provided us with samples of homemade cherry liquor and some sort of tart. We loved everything about our experience with We Hate Tourism and highly recommend the company!

1  Thank atlantakelly
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Last night 2 friends joined my wife and me for a Local Lisbon Dinner. At the meeting point and time we met Marcos and other travelers for our dinner. Marcos drove us in a comfortable van to the local Café where we first enjoyed a Dinner with "We Hate Tourism" several years ago. The dinner was as tasty and enjoyable as we remember! And Marcos was FUN! After dinner Marcos drove us to Belém for the wonderful Pastries de Belém. Due to the rain were unable to eat outside by the river, so Marcos drove us to the Royal Palace and we ate these amazing Pastries at the Palace. He then dropped 4 of us off at our Cruise ship. Wonderful evening and we highly recommend "We Hate Tourism!"

1  Thank TampaBayJeff
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

With Ana as guide, I saw a side of Lisbon I couldn't have navigated on my own. We had a tasty - and very filling - dinner and vinho verde by the pitcher at an out-of-the way restaurant. Dessert came in the form of the famous custard tarts (still warm from the oven) in Lisbon's Belem district. By the time we arrived, I was able to check out the bakery premises, minus the usual tourist throngs. Dessert was especially enjoyable as we stood by the illuminated Discovery Monument and admired the Belem tower and monastery by moonlight. A magical experience. Touring with Ana felt like seeing the city with a friend - albeit an especially knowledgeable friend. Her knowledge of her city and her outgoing manner make her a fine guide.

1  Thank CarolFay
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had a great time having the food tour with Marcos. He is a great guy and I had loads of laughs. He was very good in creating a nice welcome and relaxed atmosphere in which we all felt comfortable. The food was nice and very local. Afterwards we went for a drive and had desert and a digestive.
Thank you Marcos for a great time! Your always welcome in Amsterdam for me to return the favor.

1  Thank W5396AJnickp
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Tour was great. Driver was good until we were leaving Cabo da Roca, when she berated a couple from Singapore for being late like they were children. Despite the rest of us on thetour telling her it was no issue, she continued to berate and then relayed a story from a week or so ago about others who were late. When we collectively reminded her that this was "our tour" and not hers, she resumed being a decent guide. Outburst unnecessary.

1  Thank rticboy1